NX50HST Calibration Issue

/ NX50HST Calibration Issue #1  

TN8Man

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX5010 CAB HST
Was mowing on a uphill and all a sudden the tractor bolted forward like a bat out of hell and when I applied the brakes the rpms went down and died when the tractor stopped. It was like the tractor HST changed into a manual transmission without a clutch pedal. Then when I restarted in neutral I could not get in gear, it would just grind as if I needed to push in the clutch. So I was stuck on this hillside.

Called the local shop and they knew what the problem was. Somehow the tractor lost its calibration data. So they sent a tech out to recalibrate the tractor and walla it was fixed!

Anyone here of this issue?

My hats off to the local shop and tech for fixing it quick.

/ NX50HST Calibration Issue #2  
Takes me back to the "Right to Repair" thread. Did they charge you for the farm call? If a tractor manufacturer locks you out of the ability to "reset" a calibration (a "Ctrl + Alt + Del" button) should they charge you to restore a setting that their tractor "lost"? I am amazed that there is not a provision to restore the saved configuration settings that make the tractor function.

/ NX50HST Calibration Issue
No charge. It's under warranty. The tech just followed steps in the manual so I probably could have done it myself. Now I know but as long as I'm under warranty I will probably just call for the tech.

/ NX50HST Calibration Issue #4  
So it is something that the owner can do? That is great to know, thanks.

/ NX50HST Calibration Issue #5  
Gonna have to look that up and make sure its in my manual(s).

/ NX50HST Calibration Issue
So it is something that the owner can do? That is great to know, thanks.
From what I can see, yes. The tech followed a calibration procedure from the manual. Possibly the HST Forward/reverse pedal calibration.

/ NX50HST Calibration Issue #7  
Shifting is a known issue. When putting the tractor into gear, your unsynchronized transmission may not be lined up. gently tap either or the forward or the reverse pedal, wait for the engine rpm to come back down and try to shift into gear. Eventually the gears line up and you can shift. Also, the gating of these tractors (at least the early versions like mine for whatever reason--be it an easily tweaked shift fork, or poorly undercut gears) sucks, so once in gear, "rattle" the shifter so that the gears properly gate or you run the risk of the tractor popping out of gear (again if your tractor is like mine and Kioti has not addressed this).

/ NX50HST Calibration Issue #8  
Shifting is a known issue. When putting the tractor into gear, your unsynchronized transmission may not be lined up. gently tap either or the forward or the reverse pedal, wait for the engine rpm to come back down and try to shift into gear. Eventually the gears line up and you can shift. Also, the gating of these tractors (at least the early versions like mine for whatever reason--be it an easily tweaked shift fork, or poorly undercut gears) sucks, so once in gear, "rattle" the shifter so that the gears properly gate or you run the risk of the tractor popping out of gear (again if your tractor is like mine and Kioti has not addressed this).
I just give a very brief and very light tap on one of the pedals and the lever slips right into place. No revving required.

/ NX50HST Calibration Issue #9  
I just give a very brief and very light tap on one of the pedals and the lever slips right into place. No revving required.
Yeah, that's what I said when I wrote, "gently tap either or the forward or the reverse pedal, wait for the engine rpm to come back down and try to shift into gear." The NX's larger engine bumps a couple hundred rpm with just a bump on the pedal with throttle linking on.