October should be a FUN month for TBNers.

/ October should be a FUN month for TBNers. #1  

sweettractors

Advertiser
Tractor
JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA
FWIW, This year October has 5 Mondays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This Happens once every 823 years. This has to be the "perfect" month to get food plots out, finish all the honey do projects and fun times with the kids in the great outdoors. Ken Sweet

/ October should be a FUN month for TBNers. #2  
FWIW, This year October has 5 Mondays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This Happens once every 823 years. This has to be the "perfect" month to get food plots out, finish all the honey do projects and fun times with the kids in the great outdoors. Ken Sweet

Very interesting...Didn't realize that...

/ October should be a FUN month for TBNers. #4  
Unfortunately, my weird work schedule doesn't care whether it's Monday, Wednesday or Saturday. My only guaranteed day off is Sunday. Still not enough time to get things done... Minnesota summers are short!

Oh well, there's always next year.

Joe

/ October should be a FUN month for TBNers. #6  
I'm retired. I do my stuff during the week and try to avoid kids and cubicle people on the weekends.

/ October should be a FUN month for TBNers. #7  
...This Happens once every 823 years...

Don't know about that, December of 2012 will also have 5 Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays.

I wondered if you meant a particular month, so did a quick check on my pda and it occurs in October 2016. ;)

/ October should be a FUN month for TBNers. #8  
Don't know about that, December of 2012 will also have 5 Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays.

I wondered if you meant a particular month, so did a quick check on my pda and it occurs in October 2016. ;)

Hmmmm... At first glance, I just believed it.
Thinking about it a little, every October has 31 days, and every October thus will have 5 of SOME days of the week. The determiner of WHICH days is simply which day October begins with: The first three days of the month will be the ones that get repeated 5 times in October (or any month with 31 days).... they will also be the last three days of the month.

Assume that over hundreds of years, the starting day for any month is more-or-less random (and more-or-less evenly distributed), so each one has one-seventh the chance of being the starting day. :confused2:

(Can you tell I read a lot of brain-teaser books as a child! :ashamed: )
Conclusion: This will happen, on average, in one out of 7 Octobers (i.e. every October that begins on a Saturday)... on average, every 7 years. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / October should be a FUN month for TBNers. #10  
Unfortunately, my weird work schedule doesn't care whether it's Monday, Wednesday or Saturday. My only guaranteed day off is Sunday. Still not enough time to get things done... Minnesota summers are short!

Oh well, there's always next year.

Joe

Joe I've always heard that.. But which weekend does the Minnesota summer happen in? :D

Wedge