oem-kioti -vs- WRLong 3rd function kit (CKA162)?

/ oem-kioti -vs- WRLong 3rd function kit (CKA162)? #1  

orangetree

Silver Member
Tractor
kioti ck2610
I am 90% going to buy a grapple next spring. So am considering adding the factory 3rd function before the tractor is delivered. It's about $1200 installed (2/3 parts, 1/3 labor). I'm pretty mechanical and can install my own (although given reviews of the CKA162 instructions its worth the ~$350 to have the dealer install & warranty it, IF i go oem).

Are you happy you went OEM? Unhappy you went aftermarket? The opposite? They are roughly the same cost, I would *hope* OEM is superior on the intended tractor ... but we've all certainly seen products where that's not true.

Thanks for the advice!

If you're reading this with the same question - here's a good close-up of the install

/ oem-kioti -vs- WRLong 3rd function kit (CKA162)? #2  
Been happy with the OEM version so far. Ya, the valve is under the right side but hasn't been a problem yet. And the standard button locations are perfect, right under your finger tips.

/ oem-kioti -vs- WRLong 3rd function kit (CKA162)? #3  
Dealer installed WR Long on mine in 2019 because they didn't have the OEM in stock. No issues, works great. Just like everything else, recheck the mounting bolts after a while.

/ oem-kioti -vs- WRLong 3rd function kit (CKA162)?
The owner of EverythingAttachements felt WRLong was "very" superior in quality to the OEM kit ... they seem like a great shop BUT they do sell WRLong ... so hard for me to take that advice. Did you find any downsides to the WRLong vs the OEM that you were looking at initially? Quality, routing / protection of the valves and lines? Feature / function of the valves?

/ oem-kioti -vs- WRLong 3rd function kit (CKA162)? #5  
I like the 3rd function I built. Hard lines, custom fitted lines. The valve is under the cab on top of the transmission. Uses a nice, integrated joystick. Solid state relays. Fused in the fuse box.

/ oem-kioti -vs- WRLong 3rd function kit (CKA162)? #6  
Probably can't go wrong with either, I am leaning towards the WR Long unit.