OEM vs Aftermarket Tractor Top Links

/ OEM vs Aftermarket Tractor Top Links #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
Im looking to buy a new top link for a tractor and see a huge difference in pricing. $320 for cat 2 from New Holland and just over $100 for a equivalent aftermarket. Are the OEM versions of better quality or perform better? $200 seems like a huge difference.

/ OEM vs Aftermarket Tractor Top Links #2  
It's a chunk of steel with rod ends. Buy the cheap one.

/ OEM vs Aftermarket Tractor Top Links #3  
$50 at tractor supply or similar... are you talking a hydraulic top link or something special?

/ OEM vs Aftermarket Tractor Top Links
No just standard. Some seem to turn easier than others so wasn’t sure how they could be different. Normally I take them apart to clean and re-grease which helps. Also how do I determine what length I need? The tractor didn’t have one with it.

/ OEM vs Aftermarket Tractor Top Links #5  
No just standard. Some seem to turn easier than others so wasn’t sure how they could be different. Normally I take them apart to clean and re-grease which helps. Also how do I determine what length I need? The tractor didn’t have one with it.

Hook up an implement to the lower links and adjust the hitch height to approximate the angle the implement will be while in use. Measure center to center from the tractor top link bracket ( center hole if there are three) to the top link pin hole in the implement. Choose a top link that matches that length near the middle of its adjustment range.

/ OEM vs Aftermarket Tractor Top Links
Hook up an implement to the lower links and adjust the hitch height to approximate the angle the implement will be while in use. Measure center to center from the tractor top link bracket ( center hole if there are three) to the top link pin hole in the implement. Choose a top link that matches that length near the middle of its adjustment range.

Ok will give it a go this weekend. Thanks RickB

/ OEM vs Aftermarket Tractor Top Links #7  
I always buy the aftermarket ones at tractor supply co. OEM ones are definitely a little better quality but not worth the 2-4x cost.