Oh no! Another tractor!

/ Oh no! Another tractor! #1  

s1120

Veteran Member
Tractor
87 Ingersoll 444, 84 Ingersoll224/'44 GreavlyL/60'sGreavlyL/49 Ford 8N
Well, I got another tractor./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I just picked up an early Case 446. It needs a lot of work, or I may use it for parts for my 444, and 224. I just can’t stop looking for new tractors./w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Oh no! Another tractor! #2  
Congrats Paul. The last one I picked up for the parts and attachments ended up my dedicated market garden tractor. It's hard to let them sit there for parts. It'll be another soldier in your army of back savers.

/ Oh no! Another tractor! #3  
I have had at one time as many as five case tractors. I still have 2 448s and a 646. Also a B7500 HST w/fel. I have a lot of case parts from others that I have salvaged. It makes it nice when you don't have to juggle implements.

/ Oh no! Another tractor! #4  
Yep..you indeed have tractor fever..and there ain't no cure. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Oh no! Another tractor!
Ya,I am thinking I will get this one running. Its not in that bad shape. A little scrached, needs a seat, and the front axle beam has a bend in it on one side. Oh, and the motor does not run./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif But that is the fun part. I love working on things that do not run.

/ Oh no! Another tractor! #6  
"I love to work on things that do not run"...well I got a couple of things that need a attendion.
Food Processor,Dog wouldn't return w/the ball after throwing it,My better half doesn't fear me one bit nor the kitten and thats just a few to keep you busy...so if you like to tinker w/things that don't run... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

If you get a chance sure like to see a photo..

<font color=red>If you get a chance sure like to see a photo</font color=red>

Well, I don't pick it up till tonight, and at the time I don't have a camera, but pictures will be coming. Got to get a group picture. The 81 446[someone ran the #for me, and got the year] the 84 224, and the 87 444. Getting quite the crew together./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Well, I picked up the tractor Saturday, and had a chance to do some work on the new toy. The motor was free, but I turned it about 1/2 rev and it locked up./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif I drained the old oil out and found a little water in it. Not a ton, but abit. I put some new oil in, and filled the cyl.with some oil, hopefully loosen up any rust in there. Looks like I will need to pop off the heads.