Oh! This seems nice.

/ Oh! This seems nice.
Like I said, I stay away from looking at new tractors. I did know about the Kubota auto throttle, but not the adjustable roll out. And, I just learned about the Kubota SSQA hydraulic lock function. That would be very nice if you went back and forth between buckets and forks or whatever. It is only money. Deezl, you make a good point- even in the video, I thought the switchgear looked like possible trouble in time and weather. This must be the future, but I don't think fixing things in your shop/barn is going to be so easy with all the electronics and complexity... Dealer diagnostics will be required, and circuitry replacement. Hmmmm- wonder if this is cleverly planned to help dealers make money??

/ Oh! This seems nice. #12  
Kubota's GL's have all that and more.

/ Oh! This seems nice. #13  
Like I said, I stay away from looking at new tractors. I did know about the Kubota auto throttle, but not the adjustable roll out. And, I just learned about the Kubota SSQA hydraulic lock function. That would be very nice if you went back and forth between buckets and forks or whatever. It is only money. Deezl, you make a good point- even in the video, I thought the switchgear looked like possible trouble in time and weather. This must be the future, but I don't think fixing things in your shop/barn is going to be so easy with all the electronics and complexity... Dealer diagnostics will be required, and circuitry replacement. Hmmmm- wonder if this is cleverly planned to help dealers make money??

On the older '40 series of Grand L's it was a knob much like the JD shown in the video, but the newer '60 series it is a menu function.

/ Oh! This seems nice. #14  
Nice tractor indeed, but with the caveats mentioned. No doubt features add complexity, but I'll gladly live with it just as I do those on my car and truck.

My brother and his son rebuilt older model Chevy trucks for several years and while they looked great, one drive down the road makes most of us forget about the good ole days of simplicity.

/ Oh! This seems nice. #15  
Nice tractor indeed, but with the caveats mentioned. No doubt features add complexity, but I'll gladly live with it just as I do those on my car and truck.

My brother and his son rebuilt older model Chevy trucks for several years and while they looked great, one drive down the road makes most of us forget about the good ole days of simplicity.

You are correct the difference between a 1989 Chevy 4wd drive pickup and a 2016 Ford night and day in ride and fuel economy. The electronics that control cars today can and do break but to be able to computer change transmission in an 8 speed is mind bogging to me

/ Oh! This seems nice. #16  
If I was in the market for a new tractor, I would at least give that model a look. John Deere doesn't get much love on this forum, but I have a 30 year old 950 workhorse that never causes me any problems, and is always ready to go when it's needed. I absolutely love that Yanmar motor. I wonder if the LS will be up to that when it's that same age.
As always with JD, the price would probably be the problem, I wish they were a bit more competitive.

/ Oh! This seems nice. #17  
Lots of fancy gee whiz goodies!
Does it have an electronically actuated heated/chilled cup holder too?
Better also buy a good quality equipment trailer, with a cash box attached.
Even the most minor repairs will require trips to the dealer! (fill the cash box first)

Do you mean to tell me that your tractors don't have this feature!? :melodramatic:

/ Oh! This seems nice. #19  
Do you mean to tell me that your tractors don't have this feature!? :melodramatic:

No they don't,...... but I am now wondering if there might be an aftermarket kit.

/ Oh! This seems nice. #20  
Varmint,

Couple things about the video . . 32 hp but the rear pto was down to 24 hp. Seemed more drop than I might have expected.

Didn't like placement of joystick at all . . If on the fender its ok . . If on stanchion its ok but He was hitting his leg with it and it appeared to completely block access on the right hand side..

Quick attach seemed fine but that horizintal control panel on his right side better not be on anything but a cab unit because ice and snow are not going to treat it well imo.

Seemed like a nice tractor but so are the Kubota and Massey units in same size category. We all like different things :)