Oil and a little diesel fuel for trailer deck wood.

/ Oil and a little diesel fuel for trailer deck wood. #11  
I use carbolineum mixed 50/50% with old engine oil. I'll give diesel/oil mixture a try, its much cheaper :)

/ Oil and a little diesel fuel for trailer deck wood. #12  
What about the underside of the wood

/ Oil and a little diesel fuel for trailer deck wood. #13  
About every 3-4 years I treat my trailer deck wood with oil and a little diesel fuel mixture seems to work better than anything else I have tried to preserve the wood deck.This combo seems to soak into the wood better and repel water.
When I change the hydraulic fluid on my tractors I save it and mix it with diesel fuel and put several coats on the wood decks of my trailers it soaks in really good and definitely helps provide more longevity to the wood deck in the hot Florida sun , I suspect anything that you use motor oil, hydraulic fluid, wood preservative etc beats doing nothing like I see a lot of folks doing.

/ Oil and a little diesel fuel for trailer deck wood. #14  
What about the underside of the wood
I was wondering the same thing and how I was going to paint it on without taking a bath in oil.

/ Oil and a little diesel fuel for trailer deck wood. #15  
When I change the hydraulic fluid on my tractors I save it and mix it with diesel fuel and put several coats on the wood decks of my trailers it soaks in really good and definitely helps provide more longevity to the wood deck in the hot Florida sun , I suspect anything that you use motor oil, hydraulic fluid, wood preservative etc beats doing nothing like I see a lot of folks doing.
I thought about doing something to the deck of my 30' gooseneck, but really see no reason to. I only have it out of the barn when I'm hauling hay or equipment and that's only when it's not raining or snowing. The 10 year old deck still looks good.
I guess I'm too lazy to paint it so I'll just continue to keep it in my barn.

/ Oil and a little diesel fuel for trailer deck wood. #16  
I thought about doing something to the deck of my 30' gooseneck, but really see no reason to. I only have it out of the barn when I'm hauling hay or equipment and that's only when it's not raining or snowing. The 10 year old deck still looks good.
I wouldn't do it either if I had enough barn space to keep mine under, maybe one day I will build another one but for now both of my barns are full.

/ Oil and a little diesel fuel for trailer deck wood. #17  
i recently bought an inexpensive landscapers trailer. i think it has pressure treated boards.

should i treat them?

/ Oil and a little diesel fuel for trailer deck wood. #18  
Yes. If it is going to spend any time at all in the weather, definately.

/ Oil and a little diesel fuel for trailer deck wood. #19  
Anyone have some less toxic recommendations? I really don't want to get my hands, gloves, clothes, gear, cargo, equipment, or playing kiddos smeared with nasty oils anytime in the future. But my new (to me) equipment trailer has bleached out boards after just a couple years in the elements.

/ Oil and a little diesel fuel for trailer deck wood. #20  
Indoor storage is clearly the best way to care for all machinery/equipment!