Oil & Fuel Oil Change 3215 4WD

/ Oil Change 3215 4WD #1  

Nissan197

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215 4WD
I am going to be changing the oil in my 3215 this weekend. I have read the manual and will be using Shell - Rotella T 15W40 for my oil. The manual says 5 QTS. I cannot find anywhere the oil filter #. Could someone please provide that for me or I guess I will have to wait for my dealer to reopen. I am hoping I can get a WIX, FRAM, etc brand. Thanks.

/ Oil Change 3215 4WD
Of course the dealer is out of them. I got 31S9402160. Retail $17.11 I guess I will head to NAPA or O-Reilly's and see if I have any luck.

/ Oil Change 3215 4WD #3  
Be sure to run your engine filter number by your Mitsu car dealer. They sell the filter for the smaller 15's for about $8. If yours is the MD134953 they definitly have it........

/ Oil Change 3215 4WD #4  
I have a 2615 and NAPA did have the exact match. Good luck.

/ Oil Change 3215 4WD #5  
I have had good results using Purolator PureOne filters on my diesel Ram2500, and the 2615; it's M&M # 31A4002100 which crosses to WIX 51358 (NAPA uses WIX # w/o the first digit.) After finding a cross-ref on the WIX website and doing a bunch of research, I came up with the PureOne (PL14612) listing by looking it up in the store based on the Mitsu & Kia car apps (and riding mowers) listed by WIX. I find the oil in use with diesels actually takes longer to turn black using these filters. They have one that's identical but about 2cm longer (PL14610) which I plan to use next time. A racing engine builder friend taught me to use the longest filter that fits (= greater reserve), and there sure is plenty of room there.

I don't know, the 3215 may call for a different # (which might work even better on 2615?) And unfortunately the WIX air filter x-ref is way wrong, but the Hyd seems to be correct - however it & HST are just about the same price from M&M or NAPA, so I'm sticking with those genuine Mitsu from my friendly red tractor shop!

/ Oil Change 3215 4WD
Live and learn. I paid 18 at the dealer, not thinking when they said it was a Mahindra brand filter. I should have known better with the Mitsubishi motor, but was not thinking and did not bother to check with the local dealer. Oh well I just completed the first oil change and everything went just fine.