Oil coming out of dipstick.

/ Oil coming out of dipstick. #1  

IloveJesus

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mccormick 40 hp, Jinma 284
I have an issue with my '12 Mccormick tractor.
I have oil coming out of the dipstick even when the tractor has been parked for a long time. There is also foaming coming out at times when the tractor is in use.
Oil level was fine.

/ Oil coming out of dipstick. #2  
I presume this is the engine oil dipstick and not transmission or hydraulic?

A little confused on oil coming out when parked and saying oil level is fine. Those two statements contradict each other.

/ Oil coming out of dipstick. #3  
Love your thread title. Not what I was expecting.

/ Oil coming out of dipstick.
I presume this is the engine oil dipstick and not transmission or hydraulic?

A little confused on oil coming out when parked and saying oil level is fine. Those two statements contradict each other.
It is coming out of the transmission/drive/hydraulic dipstick. And it's not overfilled.

/ Oil coming out of dipstick. #5  
Foaming out transmission dipstick is usually an indication of an air leak on the suction or inlet side of the pump.

Not familiar with tractor but some tractors have a section of rubber hose on the inlet which can degrade- crack over time allowing air to enter the system. It would only do this while the tractor is running - operating though.

/ Oil coming out of dipstick. #6  
Is the fluid clean? Water in it could also be the problem. I agree though, air leak is a strong possibility.

Foaming out transmission dipstick is usually an indication of an air leak on the suction or inlet side of the pump.

Not familiar with tractor but some tractors have a section of rubber hose on the inlet which can degrade- crack over time allowing air to enter the system. It would only do this while the tractor is running - operating though.
Thank you. I'll check that out.

Is the fluid clean? Water in it could also be the problem. I agree though, air leak is a strong possibility.
Yes brand new fluid and no water in there.

/ Oil coming out of dipstick. #9  
loosen the drain plug. drain out about 1/2 to 1 cup and replace the plug. guessing that will tell you whats overfilling the trans/hydraulic fluid. probably water.
is the tractor kept inside or outside.

/ Oil coming out of dipstick. #10  
Do you have a clear vent to the case? If the vent is clogged maybe the dipstick tube is below the gearcase fluid level and the pressure as it warms is forcing fluid out.