Oil Drops over 30% since summer, now what?

/ Oil Drops over 30% since summer, now what? #41  
Been a number of years since I read "The Prize: The Epic Quest for Oil, Money, & Power" but in the end, IMHO, big oil will always come out on top. As for myself, as usual, I won't use my V10 powered box truck any more than I have to. I will not change my driving habits. And, I hope this trend continues into next spring when I think I will go shopping for a new(er) fuel efficient vehicle to replace my aging one.

/ Oil Drops over 30% since summer, now what? #43  
If the federal highway fund is broke, it is most likely due to government abuse/mismanagement of the fund. And, as for "saving so much money", it's quite a stretch to say paying around $2.50 per gallon for gasoline that isn't worth over $1.00 qualifies as "saving."

THINK ABOUT THIS:
I find it a bit disconcerting that folks will complain about a gallon of gas costing $3 or so but have no problem plunking down $1.50 for a liter (quart) of filtered water that cost next to nothing to get out of the ground / filter it and bottle it up. Why do we not rally against the bottled water guys for price gouging when they charge over $4 per gallon for regular water in a cheap plastic bottle that causes as much or more pollution as a gallon of gas.

/ Oil Drops over 30% since summer, now what? #44  
If the federal highway fund is broke, it is most likely due to government abuse/mismanagement of the fund. And, as for "saving so much money", it's quite a stretch to say paying around $2.50 per gallon for gasoline that isn't worth over $1.00 qualifies as "saving."

Government "abuse/mismanagement" ? Say it ain't so!

/ Oil Drops over 30% since summer, now what? #45  
Say what you want, something is fishy about this whole decline in oil prices all a sudden. Arabs are up to something.

Arabs? It isn't the Arabs that have flooded the market. It's American entrepreneurs.

/ Oil Drops over 30% since summer, now what? #46  
THINK ABOUT THIS:
I find it a bit disconcerting that folks will complain about a gallon of gas costing $3 or so but have no problem plunking down $1.50 for a liter (quart) of filtered water that cost next to nothing to get out of the ground / filter it and bottle it up. Why do we not rally against the bottled water guys for price gouging when they charge over $4 per gallon for regular water in a cheap plastic bottle that causes as much or more pollution as a gallon of gas.

Gary we're talking about the difference between a need and a want. People don't blink at paying a hundred dollars a month for their smart phone and gigs of data. But they have a fit over the cost of electricity or fuel oil.

/ Oil Drops over 30% since summer, now what? #47  
I try to not over think things, low gas prices = more money in the bank for me, simple enough!

/ Oil Drops over 30% since summer, now what? #48  
THINK ABOUT THIS:

As Harv stated, this is not the same. I can buy as much, or as little, bottled water as I choose. Fuel is a necessity.

Personally, I would be less irritated paying $2 per gallon IF the government wasn't extorting 50 cents. I would much rather support free enterprise than help fund big government waste.

/ Oil Drops over 30% since summer, now what? #49  
Has anyone noticed that diesel is still 3.99/gal ? The price has not changed 1 bit in more than a year.
When that was written I was effectively paying $3.00/gallon for diesel at Walmart in Fulton, MS with their card and my 1% discount on the card I paid for the discount card with. Looking at gasbuddy the price is still the same ($3.05/gal BEFORE discount)

THINK ABOUT THIS:

If I HAD to buy bottled water I'd be rallying against it. I bet a lot of people that don't drive care little about the price of gas.

<snip>Personally, I would be less irritated paying $2 per gallon IF the government wasn't extorting 50 cents. I would much rather support free enterprise than help fund big government waste.
Perhaps you would like to build your own roads? Or pay a firm like Enron to build roads?

/ Oil Drops over 30% since summer, now what? #50  
Perhaps you would like to build your own roads? Or pay a firm like Enron to build roads?

PERHAPS you missed my point entirely? These targeted tax money pools, i.e. fuel tax for roads, are very often misappropriated at the whim of unethical politicians. Therefore, in my humble opinion, government should be denied those resources with which they cannot be trusted.