oil leak on b7800 v1505 engine

/ oil leak on b7800 v1505 engine #1  

namesray

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota rtv900: kubota mx5200
noticed small drop of oil this morning on floor from b7800. followed oil trail back up tractor front axel to oil filter to what i am guessing is the oil pressure unit plug on side of engine. (whatever that plug into the side of the engine is next to the oil filter with wires out of it) it had oil residue comming out on it. looks like it is just a "plug" that could be unscrewed and either replaced or "sealed" somehow at next oil change. does this sound right and is it a hard fix? appreciate the help.

/ oil leak on b7800 v1505 engine #2  
If it does (like you said) have a wire hooked to it then its the oil sender. I have yet seen one leak around the threads after they have been in awhile, unless it got hit. The sender is bad and it's best to replace now and not wait for the next oil change. The center of it can come out and you well pump all the oil out of your engine. Yhe only other sender on the block is the temp and that is on the right side rear.

/ oil leak on b7800 v1505 engine #3  
Yes replace the sender. I have had the center blow out and you have about a minute before it pumps all your oil everywhere. Heck of a mess and kinda dangerous to the life of your engine.

/ oil leak on b7800 v1505 engine
ordered the part. be here in a few days. how does it go in? need pipe sealer or teflon tape??

/ oil leak on b7800 v1505 engine #5  
ordered the part. be here in a few days. how does it go in? need pipe sealer or teflon tape??

Teflon tape and be careful to not over torque. Teflon is very slippery and the sender will be brass so it is easy to damage things.

/ oil leak on b7800 v1505 engine
Teflon tape and be careful to not over torque. Teflon is very slippery and the sender will be brass so it is easy to damage things.

thank you for your time and help.