OK, I think I just hit the bank on this. Advice

/ OK, I think I just hit the bank on this. Advice #1  

DannyD

Veteran Member
Tractor
BX 23
Talked to the VERY nice guy that owns my dealership. Wood backhoe installed 4100.00, and it will work!

Alternative:

My tractor bx 2200 MMM FEL 131 hours.........trade in for a NEW 23 with MMM, FEL and backhoe, difference of.....................

5900.00 plus tax on the 5900.00

Wife has said she did not care!!!!!!!!

Should I take the one he has held for me!

Monday ends 0% so it has to be by then.

This is site unseen on my tractor, but he trusts my words on it.

/ OK, I think I just hit the bank on this. Advice #2  
The Woods equipment that I have is very high quality (I don't have their backhoe). I did view their BH on their site. The way it attached to the BX frame appeared to be lower strength, but I don't know for sure.

I would be inclined to get the BX23. I have it and love it. So if having a tractor with 0 hours on it and a BH that is matched to the machine is worth the diffence, then get the BX23. I was able to save more by keeping my existing MMM, which was in perfectly good shape. Good luck!

/ OK, I think I just hit the bank on this. Advice #3  
DannyD, For $1,800 more - to get all brand new equipment and the warranty period starts a new and the wife gives the green light.....I'd go for it!! Enjoy the BX23. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ OK, I think I just hit the bank on this. Advice #4  
I'm not familiar with the kubota model numbers, but I'm assuming the 23 is a tad bigger than your current machine. I'd say if it'll do what you need it to and the $1,800 doesn't put you in the poor house, I'd say go for it. You'll also have the added benefit of it being a dealer package and less likely to run into problems if warranty repairs are needed.

/ OK, I think I just hit the bank on this. Advice #5  
I would go for the BX23 myself if the difference in price was not an issue. New tractor, new warrent clock like was mentioned above...Even a new mower deck? That you can that you can worry whether it has grease in the spindles or not... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Something about having one maker for the hardware means something to me. Proven design, no finger pointing other than possibly at you if something goes wrong. But even then, better one finger pointing at you than two... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ OK, I think I just hit the bank on this. Advice
Thanks to all for the "go ahead", your help made it clear to the wife, it should be done. She informed me NO MORE EQUIPMENT.........so I may do the PHD now too!
Sneak it in sort of.

Anyway, the tractor is the same size, same everything, but newer and made for the backhoe.

Wife is all for it, we have a bunch of bushes to put in the front of the house, a ditch to dig between me and the neighbor, and a few other projects...........which I am sure will increase.

/ OK, I think I just hit the bank on this. Advice #7  
Danny, the Woods backhoes that I've seen seem to be very well built. If they're as good as the old mowers I've seen so many of, still going after many years, they should last a very long time. I think you'll be happy going for the BX23 with the hoe. You and your wife will find plenty of jobs for it. Congratulations too. John

/ OK, I think I just hit the bank on this. Advice #8  
You are going to love having the backhoe. Words cannot express how nice it is to have one when you want/need one... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My 3ph backhoe for my B2910 was expensive, but I am glad I bought it and use it a lot really. Doing all those little things I would never rent a backhoe for...and some things I would rent a backhoe for, but don't need to because I have one.

The way I look at it, over the long haul it does not cost that much...

/ OK, I think I just hit the bank on this. Advice
I completely agree with you Henro. I even got a notice today that my warranty for the MMM and FEL ends this month. What a timing thing to have this offer when they are retiring.

Money is not an issue and since it will be done on Monday, it will be in the 0% again, for all of it. No money down if I dont want too. He has one with my name on it, in stock, ready to deliver.

He must really have someone wanting the 2200, I am not losing a dime on it, in fact by the pricing he quoted me, I am getting more than I paid

Thanks again to all

Orange is KING!

/ OK, I think I just hit the bank on this. Advice #10  
Thanks again to all
Orange is KING!
Danny
Danny, I'm so glad to hear you admit that Orange is King! I've thought so ever since I bought my Kioti! LOL /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif John