ok whats the trick to removing new FL1805 FEL off a gc1723?

/ ok whats the trick to removing new FL1805 FEL off a gc1723? #1  

Dmacleo

Veteran Member
Tractor
2010 MF GC2400 Owner, 2012 MF1532 User
on cement pad so level, no matter what the leg position is set to unit will not tip off the top cup.
when bucket curled upwards lifts only a little never enough to clear the cup.

/ ok whats the trick to removing new FL1805 FEL off a gc1723? #2  
I keep <1' long 2x6 lumber drops and for cribbing. Can you put similar under each/the leg and get a little more tilt for now? Sounds to be a tad short and I might try to lengthen them/it an inch or two if that works and will still stow. Got pics?

/ ok whats the trick to removing new FL1805 FEL off a gc1723?
I keep <1' long 2x6 lumber drops and for cribbing. Can you put similar under each/the leg and get a little more tilt for now? Sounds to be a tad short and I might try to lengthen them/it an inch or two if that works and will still stow. Got pics?
no pics we did try 2x6 its almost as if weight of bucket is not enough alone to do it. after curling all way up bucket itself fully off ground 2 legs planted on cement or 2x6 and unit does not rise uo enough to clear. tried slight movement of tractor no help either.
put my old DL100 on unlevel ground showed them how it came off then back on in few moments.

never had this issue with DL100, DL95 just this FL1805

/ ok whats the trick to removing new FL1805 FEL off a gc1723? #4  
I got the GC1710. My loader never pops off on it's own, I always gotta go step on the bucket. The way I do it, I curl the bucket down a little so that it makes contact with the ground before the legs do. I give it a little down pressure which loosens it a little from the cups. Then I curl the bucket up so that the loader rests on the legs, and then go and jump on the bucket which fully dismounts it from the tractor.

I got the GC1710. My loader never pops off on it's own, I always gotta go step on the bucket. The way I do it, I curl the bucket down a little so that it makes contact with the ground before the legs do. I give it a little down pressure which loosens it a little from the cups. Then I curl the bucket up so that the loader rests on the legs, and then go and jump on the bucket which fully dismounts it from the tractor.
weird I didn't have to do it on the company 2015 GC1710
the service rep for dealer lives only few miles away, tractor owners gonna call him (they are friends) have him stop over some night and I'll be there.
also got to see why there's a rear work light mounted but no switch.

/ ok whats the trick to removing new FL1805 FEL off a gc1723? #6  
weird I didn't have to do it on the company 2015 GC1710
Well for me at least, I suspect it's coz my loader is almost always on, so everything kinda marries in there.

Well for me at least, I suspect it's coz my loader is almost always on, so everything kinda marries in there.
same with the 1710 we used, think was off 3 times in 5 years.
maybe we abused it hard enough crap was loose. one operator did tip it over. luckily we had bobcat there to immediately right it. he never drove anything for us ever again LOL

/ ok whats the trick to removing new FL1805 FEL off a gc1723? #8  
I had this issue with my bobcat loader. I had to put the stand/legs at the highest setting before the arms would tip off like supposed to.

I had this issue with my bobcat loader. I had to put the stand/legs at the highest setting before the arms would tip off like supposed to.
thats what I hoped it was but tried all 3 settings. no joy.
service rep coming out tomorrow night to look at it.

grr he came to neighbors later last night and they didn't want to bug me so I missed it.
from description (I'll find out for sure sunday) the manual gives wrong procedure in bucket curl directions.