Old box blade for garden tractor on my new SCUT?

/ Old box blade for garden tractor on my new SCUT? #11  
A subcompact tractor will eat that Brinly. It's a good product, but wrong class of equipment; not to mention it won't cover the track of the machine.

Big advantage to cover your tracks?

If your BB is much narrower than your tire spread, and you pull in one alley repeatedly, your tires will soon be up on narrow ledges and the centered BB will not touch the ground.

Tractor tire weight will mash down minor differences of 1" to 1-1/2" per side.

In the attached photo, two years old, the 60" wide community burn pit trench is now 40" below grade. You can't do below grade work like this if your Box Blade is narrower than tractor's tire spread.

Note: Bush Hog (brand) Rollover Box Blade.

Attachments

• DSC00071.jpg
    DSC00071.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 348

Last edited:
   / Old box blade for garden tractor on my new SCUT? #12  
Put this pic of a new one in the photos along with the actual one. You will get at least $100 - 150 out of it. I use that method when selling attachments. I agree with getting a proper box blade for you little GC. You can get them for as cheap as $500 used if you watch for a while. I would never buy a new box blade.

View attachment 864643

As someone who purchased a box blade new, I've got to second this; buy used if you can.

/ Old box blade for garden tractor on my new SCUT?
This is crazy and true; for many there is a weird psychological bit where if something is being given away we feel it's worthless. Yet, the same thing could get a small price tag on it and someone will inevitably purchase or steal it.
This always gets me. I know there are people that drive by every day that could probably use it, or know someone that could use it, but if I put down by the road with a sign that said "free" it would sit there forever, even though the thing is barely used and looks like new. Maybe I should put in by the road with a sign than says "for sale" and hope someone steals it :ROFLMAO: