Some basic box blade questions

/ Some basic box blade questions #41  
Fried, what tractor do you pull yours with? That blade makes me drool, but with full options the price makes me cringe... Steve

/ Some basic box blade questions #42  
Fried, what tractor do you pull yours with? That blade makes me drool, but with full options the price makes me cringe... Steve
Full options?
It is a 6 way manual blade!
I pull my EA 6 Way Deluxe Scrape Blade with my fully restored 32HP 1989 Ford 1920.
It is a dream to use, compared to the King Kutter, and Tarter gate blades that I previously used.
I would also recommend the bolt on end plates if they are available.
The end plates allow it to be modified for use as a box blade if need be.

/ Some basic box blade questions #43  
Sorry 'bout the brain fart; thought it was EA I'd seen an 8' blade with full hydraulic control on EVERY axis; guess not. Wherever it was, price was a bit under $4k... Steve

/ Some basic box blade questions #44  
Sorry 'bout the brain fart; thought it was EA I'd seen an 8' blade with full hydraulic control on EVERY axis; guess not. Wherever it was, price was a bit under $4k... Steve

My back blade is also a 6 way manual. Rhino and EA made them & probably others. 6 ways often come in three different weights and appropriately priced. You want category II. I think you will find that the heaviest is best even if you have to go to a slightly shorter blade. All things depend on the tractor and tractor weight, but for today's utility tractors it takes 40 to 50 hp to pull the heavy 8 footer.
Although our 30 hp JD "B" pulls a full heavy 8 foot 6 way just fine, it is a heavy Ag tractor, geared low, and with huge tires.

On the blade, adjustements for offset, tilt, and angle times both directions = 6 ways. You can fine tune the blade tilt with the 3pt lift arms. They still aren't cheap, and they aren't light. You can double the price if adding hydraulics.... but that's IF you already have rear remote valves.

Want your 6 way to double as a box blade? Order your 6 way with the optional end caps. That's why there are two holes drilled at the end of the blade. They are necessary for mounting the end caps. With an end cap or two, the expensive 6 way blade now makes a pretty good box scraper although without the ripper teeth. That's OK here, as we have rarely used ripper teeth....too many rocks.
rScotty

/ Some basic box blade questions #45  
Water bars.
1627053687920.png
We called them washer boards where I grew up. They resemble the old washer board grandma used to wash her clothes.

/ Some basic box blade questions #46  
The term "water bars" generally refer to narrow raised berms etc to direct storm water off a road r into a ditch or culvert....sort of the opposite of a swale...

The wash boarding shown in the pic is likely caused by vehicle suspensions...

Last edited:
   / Some basic box blade questions #47  
View attachment 706838 We called them washer boards where I grew up. They resemble the old washer board grandma used to wash her clothes.
Yea, we’re taking about two different things here. Wash boards roads don’t allow water run off, water bars are cut specially on a gravel road to disperse water to the sides.

/ Some basic box blade questions #48  
Thanks! That is why I included the picture. Sometimes things are just regional slang, other times, like this one, I learn new things!!!