Old explaining to the new

/ Old explaining to the new #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
My 89 year old father explaining to my 16 year old son how a camera in "his time" works while my son looked up the camera (a Brownie #2 on his iPhone). I believe the camera was in my fathers family (they might of bought used) since my father was born.

I'm actually pretty proud of my son. He wants to find the film on the internet to buy, then to take pictures from his grandfathers camera.

D1.png

/ Old explaining to the new #2  
Finding the film at all (even on eBay) may be a real challenge - fresh is probably totally out of the question. The next challenge will be finding a place to process it though B&W is not that difficult to process at home. You have reason to be proud of your son but many film sizes have been discontinued over time. Try the ads in the back of a photo magazine.

/ Old explaining to the new #3  
If that is a Brownie, it probably takes 127 film. If you search around, you will find it available as both old stock and new film. I think it is still manufactured overseas and there are places that cut down current film and respool it. Processing it will probably have to be a home darkroom project.

/ Old explaining to the new #4  
Wish more youngster show interest in yester years... :thumbsup: to your son.

/ Old explaining to the new #5  
I have an old Konica SLR with some extra lenses and stuff. Been trying to find a taker: free to someone who would appreciate it. Think you can still get film for it.

Ralph