Older bobcat X325 fuel stop solenoid issue

/ Older bobcat X325 fuel stop solenoid issue #1  

shows55

Tractor
x325 and l284
Gents,

I have been troubleshooting this and can't figure it out. AS my fuel solenoid will not pull in when starting unless you manually push it to the hold position.

I have 3 wires going to solenoid. REd, black and white.

Red is suppose to be the hold. no issue I have 12v
White the pull in. No voltage.

I have checked fuses under the seat. Replaced the timer and checked that fuse as well and still no power.

I am trying to see if possibly I am missing a fuse or something but, have searched everywhere.

/ Older bobcat X325 fuel stop solenoid issue #3  
Will the solenoid pull if you touch a jumper wire from the battery to the white wire? There should be a good wiring diagram in the service manual from here that will help trace it out.
Worst case, you could run a wire from the battery terminal on the starter (not the one that's hot all the time) to it. that's basically the same as running from the start terminal on the switch.

/ Older bobcat X325 fuel stop solenoid issue #4  
Good idea for the jump wire from the starter to the solenoid, as a test.
I may try that on one I'm working on.
It keeps blowing the fuse, to the pull wire on the solenoid. And also burning out the solenoid.
Not sure why, but I need to try something.
I did test the relay, and it is good. I may try swapping relays, or testing others.

/ Older bobcat X325 fuel stop solenoid issue #5  
There may be a thermistor in the solenoid system that has gone bad.

/ Older bobcat X325 fuel stop solenoid issue #6  
thermistor
?
I'm curious on any other details....
Thanks

/ Older bobcat X325 fuel stop solenoid issue #7  
Just to clarify, the one I'm working on is a Bobcat CT450 tractor.

/ Older bobcat X325 fuel stop solenoid issue #8  
thermistor
?
I'm curious on any other details....
Thanks
Your solenoid has three wires going to it. One will be ground, another will provide sufficient amperage to activate the solenoid, and the other provides amperage to hold the solenoid in place.

/ Older bobcat X325 fuel stop solenoid issue #9  
I had the exact problem with my 97 Ram Cummins. My problem turned out to be just a relay. That would be what I'd check first.

/ Older bobcat X325 fuel stop solenoid issue #10  
Ok
Yeah I was aware of the three wires and what they do.
checking the relays.
mine ran for about 5minutes with a new solenoid, then it blew the fuse and solenoid again!