On-line photo albums

/ On-line photo albums #1  

Rowski

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 New Holland TN70DA with 32LC loader, 2000 New Holland 2120 with Curtis cab, 7309 loader
Any good places for on-line photo albums? Wouldn't mind a pay type of site, provided its with in limits.

Might is be better to have your own web site?

Any other thoughts on getting pictures up on the web?

Thanks.

/ On-line photo albums #2  
A very nice person just hooked me up with a free site where you can store up to 25 photos free.....heres a link...

poke here...

/ On-line photo albums #4  
I've posted pictures of the backhoe building project I am doing with my friend - at this location - there are some shortcomings regarding the order of the photos (read the description on the left side of my album about right to left, back to front and bottom to top /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif (it is fine once you realize how it is set up). You have to register (it is free so the price is right) it allows up to 240 images and it does allow a title and description on each photo. You can also send invitations to your friends to check out your albums. Here is a link to the home page

FWIW

Bob

/ On-line photo albums #6  
There are lots of places that will "host" a certain number (or cumulative size more likely) of pictures, but they will all include ads and banners and some will throw in a popup or two. Somebody has to pay for that disk storage, computer and internet bandwidth.

For a few bucks a month (something like $50 a year) , you can get what is called a "virtual host" account. This means you get a specified amount of storage on a remote computer (server) hard drive, and users of your web address can use up a certain amount of bandwidth per month.

With one of these accounts, you create your picture galleries using any number of free tools, or by hand. You upload them to your spot on the server. You can publish anything, well, anything except adult or illegal content.

No doubt it would take a bit of learning to do this, but it sure is fun and you can make your stuff look how you want.

You can even map your own domain (you can get a domain address for $8 per year), so you could put your pix at www.johnnywebman.com or whatever, any domain you want so long as it isn't already used.

All in all, lots of fun. But, the free hosts are ok too - so long as you understand that they are ad driven.

/ On-line photo albums #7  
i forgot! www.strike9.com is what i use, its try and you can remote link pictures, meaning you can post them on a forum and it will work.

/ On-line photo albums #8  
Rowski--

I use pbase.com. There is a nominal charge, I think $25 for what seems to be unlimited storage. FWIW, here is a link to my page there. http://www.pbase.com/d100_too

/ On-line photo albums #9  
I use Yahoo photos. I think it's around $20 a year which allows me to post pictures that anybody can access if they know the address. I have hundreds of pictures for my friends and family living in diferent states to see.

/ On-line photo albums
Sendero

Thanks for your help. I kind of knew there was no "free lunch". I knew about the storage capacity but the bandwidth make sense too. The domain adress seems like the way to go but will require some new computer/software skills for me. Sounds like a rainy day project for me.

Thanks everyone else for the links. I may use one of the ad driven sites for the mean time.