??? ON/(ON)/OFF/(ON)/ON ???

/ ??? ON/(ON)/OFF/(ON)/ON ??? #1  

jgrreed

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 4720
Has anyone seen such a switch??

Reason I ask is that I was sifting through copndoc3's brilliant weed wacker home build, and was wondering how I could power it on one of the EH controlled circuits that I'm adding to my machine, without holding my finger down on the momentary rocker for an entire trip around 15 acres of pasture.

The way I see it, one needs a switch that does this:

ON/(ON)/OFF/(ON)

or

ON/(ON)/OFF/(ON)/ON - if you want to be able to reverse it.

Am I right? Has anyone ever seen such a switch in a rocker format?

This would allow me to run the wacker off the tractors native hydraulic circuits without the need for a separate PTO driven pump.

Is there a way to use a second, separate switch and somehow wire them in parallel?? ie:

(ON)/OFF/(ON) and ON/OFF/ON both controlling the same valve??

Thanks,

-Jer.

/ ??? ON/(ON)/OFF/(ON)/ON ??? #2  
Are you trying to power a double solenoid valve?

DPDT switch.

If you wire it right, one position will run the motor normally. Flip the switch to the other position, and the hyd motor will reverse.

/ ??? ON/(ON)/OFF/(ON)/ON ??? #4  
Are we talking about a latching relay?

/ ??? ON/(ON)/OFF/(ON)/ON ???
Are we talking about a latching relay?

I think so - I want it to be momentary forward and back - to open and close a grapple for instance, but lock into a maintained position, forward or back, if I push hard enough - to keep a hydraulic motor running.

-Jer.

/ ??? ON/(ON)/OFF/(ON)/ON ??? #7  
Is there a way to use a second, separate switch and somehow wire them in parallel?? ie:

(ON)/OFF/(ON) and ON/OFF/ON both controlling the same valve??

Thanks,

-Jer.

That would be the easiest way, and it would work just fine.

/ ??? ON/(ON)/OFF/(ON)/ON ???
Just added the maintained ON/OFF/ON switch to my Otto order!!! I'm going to have it above the momentary (ON)/OFF/(ON) on the loader grip.

If I were to inadvertently leave the maintained switch in an ON position with nothing connected to the circuit, the hydraulic circuit would just bypass via the relief valve, yes/no?.... or would it damage something?

-Jer.

/ ??? ON/(ON)/OFF/(ON)/ON ??? #10  
If I were to inadvertently leave the maintained switch in an ON position with nothing connected to the circuit, the hydraulic circuit would just bypass via the relief valve, yes/no?.... or would it damage something?

-Jer.

The fluid would overheat eventually as it passes through the PRV.