One Job leads to Another

/ One Job leads to Another #1  

deere4320

Silver Member
Tractor
2008 Deere 4320 eHydro w/400X FEL and Unloaded R4's
Hi All,
I have successfully finished the brush hogging job!! I took all of the great advice from the helpful TBN members and completed the job with no problems. I arrived this morning at 8:30 ready to work. After walking through the fields several times on the weekend, i walked through again to check the condition of the field again to see how it was after the rain on sunday. There were no debris, but i was wet and kind of muddy. After 5 mins. of pacing back and forth, i decided to take the risk and go for it! I kept the FEL low. When i would get into the mud i would lock the diff. ,4WD wasn't necessary. The height of the brush was about 16 inches tall, but my 4320 with the old woods had no problem. Sadly when i was on vacation i dropped our camera and broke the lense. I was able to get a picture with my phone, but it has i a crappy camera and the picture came out really blurry so i didn't bother posting it. After i finished i drove over to the owners house to make them aware that the job was finished. The owner of the land trust farm was over at their house for lunch. I introduced myself and told Elaine (the landowner) that i was done! The owner of the land trust farm overheard what i was doing and told me how she go her Massy MF 2605 (2WD) stuck while tilling. The farm is a 20 acre vegetable farm. She asked me if i was willing to bring my tractor and work for her. I couldn't say yes fast enough. She has a large number of pto attachments that you really need a 4WD tractor to run. She was also was loading her manure spreader with a hand shovel. She said i could start not this week but next weeks on Wednesday,Thursday, and Friday!

/ One Job leads to Another #3  
Glad the job went well for you. The title of your post is exactly right. When I started my business 30 years ago an old timer told me that 'for every good job you do it will lead to two more and for every bad job you do you will lose ten.' Keep up the good work. Sounds like you might have something steady started for the summer.

MarkV

Last edited:
   / One Job leads to Another #4  
That is good news and for a job well done, I am sure. I bet, in a year or 2 you will need a helper to keep up with a growing business. Just be careful at all that you do around tractors and equipment! Ken Sweet

/ One Job leads to Another #5  
Congatulations! I bet you cant wait to try out those PTO implements on your Deere.:thumbsup: I got 3, the tiller, brush hog, and auger. If you ever consider some PTO implements, be sure to have a tiller and auger on your list! :thumbsup:

/ One Job leads to Another #6  
Thats one of the best ways of getting your name out there/public..good on you. :)

/ One Job leads to Another
Congatulations! I bet you cant wait to try out those PTO implements on your Deere.:thumbsup: I got 3, the tiller, brush hog, and auger. If you ever consider some PTO implements, be sure to have a tiller and auger on your list! :thumbsup:

Tiller definitely...but it would be hard to find a use for auger

/ One Job leads to Another #8  
   / One Job leads to Another #9  
Man, 4320, that is alllll-right.

It's hard to stumble into new work these day. Congrats......

/ One Job leads to Another #10  
i'd bet if u can find people getting ready to build a pole barn with 15-20 poles to set, u could make money on a auger. i did 14 or 15 holes for my neighbor. i didn't charge him, but it saved him a lot of time & work.