One last picture

/ One last picture #1  

diesel_nut

Gold Member
Tractor
~'88 1872(sold); '08 GT2554
Old and new.
Taking the 1872 to the dealer to be sold. A sad day.

IMG00244-20090329-1943.jpg

/ One last picture #2  
Saying good bye to old friend sure does refresh the memories.

/ One last picture #3  
DN, are you in CT? My dealer said he has a 1872 coming in to be sold. Just curious if it's yours.

/ One last picture #4  
No room to hang on to her?!? Man that's a beast of a mowing deck on the 1872. Is that bigger than a 50".

Joel

/ One last picture #5  
No room to hang on to her?!? Man that's a beast of a mowing deck on the 1872. Is that bigger than a 50".

Joel

It's not a mowing deck. It's a set of wings of an old DC-3.

/ One last picture #6  
The 1872 is a tank. I dont think you can wear them out. I would love to have that machine in my equipment list.

/ One last picture #7  
Yup it's sad to see an old friend go. This was my first tractor of any kind, lasted me 20 years and I bought it used.

My neighbor at the time thought I was crazy cause for the money I paid for the used CC I could have gotten a brand new Craftsman!!!

So what! He went through 3 craftsmans in the time I had my CC.

Gave this one to the guy that works for me, with 42" deck and snow plow, weights and chains.

This was my last picture, when he was taking it home :(

JB.

Attachments

• PB095528.JPG
    PB095528.JPG
    368.4 KB · Views: 138
   / One last picture
I am in Tennessee. If anyone is interested in it.............HURRY! It's at the shop as of this am.
It's a 60" hydraulic-lift deck. Power steering too :)
$1200.

Starts and runs fine. Tranny leaks a little when in use. I just watch it and top it off. Could stand some front wing, uh deck wheels. Probably could use an engine overhaul but it runs fine. It's in good condition for it's years. Cosmetically not that great but not bad either.