One step closer to zero emission power equipment

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #101  
I guess I'm not a residential user. I have cabin with 60 acres of forest. I would need 20 batteries to get through one day of work. That's nonsense...

As it is, I use one saw for felling, one saw for limbing, one saw for bucking up the big end of the log. A very fast and quick revving saw for felling, a small and light top handle saw for limbing, and a big powerful saw for bucking.

Right now battery saws are awesome for limbing anything and felling smaller trees (8 inch under). Anything larger needs ICE. If you took a battery saw out and just did the above with it, 2 Good batteries would last you all Day.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #102  
Actually this really depends on the operating environment. Try using a 35cc saw at 9000 ft and you will understand. The battery saw absolutely crushes it for power. I have 3 different battery saws, and 3 ICE saws. For 14 inch bar and under cutting (limbing, light tree felling) battery wins for me. Milwaukee and Husquvarna. The stihl I have is a 12 inch with a thinner kerf…its super light but still a bit weak for felling. Very nice for light limb work. So all cutting I do on smaller material is now battery work. I have 45 acres of pines, firs, aspen, cedar. All soft wood, so that also might impact my liking of the current battery offerings.

I run a 35CC, 60, 78 and 90cc saw at 10k Feet.

I would post a picture of all the trees I deal with, but I guess my phone pictures are too large for this server to handle

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #103  
Yep your work isn't a good candidate for a battery chainsaw, just as I'd written in my post
Imagine this... In the future, only licensed professionals can buy, operate, and use gas powered tools, mowers, chainsaws... All under gubment scrutiny of course... Think it couldn't happen? Another big brother moment.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #104  
Imagine this... In the future, only licensed professionals can buy, operate, and use gas powered tools, mowers, chainsaws... All under gubment scrutiny of course... Think it couldn't happen? Another big brother moment.
You forgot to mention that it would be managed by bureaucratic idiots totally indoctrinated in the idea that they know all and what is best for all.
When in actuality they can even point to were the sun rises.

And as far as a battery saw out performing a gas saw at 9000 ft, thats what the mixture screw is for.
And we do have a battery saw on the farm and I have been tempted to get one for my house.
It works good for small limbs that have been blown down on fences and is easy to carry on the 4 wheelers.
It is useless for heavy work, very handy for very light work.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #105  
And we do have a battery saw on the farm and I have been tempted to get one for my house.
It works good for small limbs that have been blown down on fences and is easy to carry on the 4 wheelers.
It is useless for heavy work, very handy for very light work.
Exactly!

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #106  
I run a 35CC, 60, 78 and 90cc saw at 10k Feet.

I would post a picture of all the trees I deal with, but I guess my phone pictures are too large for this server to handle
I have an Echo CS3510 and 2 Stihl (46 and 62cc). The Echo is still a dog compared to battery. I have spent hours tuning the carb, retuning it..still I can stop the chain pretty easily. If you tried a good battery saw for limbing, I bet you would be impressed.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #107  
Thats fine Ill just use dynamite.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #108  
And as far as a battery saw out performing a gas saw at 9000 ft, thats what the mixture screw is for.
I dont need a lesson on how to adjust a carb, it is running as well as it can. Idle, L, H are all tuned to mfg rpm spec. There is just no way to get around physics. A 35cc saw will loose about 1/3 of its raw power at 9000ft...no way to get that power back without a turbocharger. The smaller the engine displacement, the harder it is for it to compensate for the altitude.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #109  
No problem:

47D90D98-D816-4118-BBC7-3402C6CB1F54.jpeg