One step closer to zero emission power equipment

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #31  
California, ridiculous. Something, somewhere is generating that electricity. Just because it's not in your yard doesn't mean it's not being generated somehow.
I saw this picture recently.. A gas vehicle, towing a diesel generator to jump start an electric car.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #32  
   / One step closer to zero emission power equipment #33  
Well, I don't have any problem with any state regulating THEIR voting public. That is what they asked for, I guess. I DO NOT like their effort to may THEIR wishes law in other states. I am beginning to think that we have lost to ability of "Making a better product." I have always believed that when a better product is made, people will buy it. I thought that idea applied to chainsaws, leaf blowers, etc. If electric is better, then mandates are not needed. There some products that are doing well. We have an Ego mower, leaf blower, chainsaw and trimmers. But I also have gas trimmers and chainsaws. When Electric will do everything I need, I will not use gas. That decision should be based on product performance, not mandates. Government has too much influence on companies thru subsides.

The NYC mandate to only sell smaller soda drinks is an example. The people decided they did not like that idea. That mandate is gone. CA had a choice. Even attempted to remove the Gov from office, but the people have spoken. ...again. Good for them. But hopefully other states will have their own choices. Some of this discussion reminds me that "Just because we say it, doesn't make it true!" But then, what the hell do I know. I am still disappointed about the Chiefs lack of performance last night. That was awful.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #34  
   / One step closer to zero emission power equipment #36  
What would you expect from a state that just said women products have to be put in the boys washrooms in schools. I am truly glad I am old. I can not amagine being 18 nowadays with the future they have with the nut bars running the country
My father was a tail-gunner in a B17 squadron in WWII, he passed last November at 93. He is with the Lord now and no longer has to witness what the country he laid his life on the line for has become.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #37  
I agree it's about the money and also about environmental craziness of CA.

However, I've gone gasless with power tools for a long time. Had to give away my 2 cycle grass whips, etc. once I got an ICD in my chest. Now have 2nd generation of power tools and have replaced grass whip and self-propelled mower with Ryobi 40v. Also bought a Ryobi eZTR so I can do the grass in place of my wife.

Won't go EV because the wife has GOT to have her stick shift. Would love to have an eTractor. Makes gobs of sense.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #38  
There's no such thing as a perpetual motion machine. This is as close to a zero emissions mower as you will come.
1634003200627.png

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #39  
Unless you call a lot of sweat an emission :D

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #40  
Those plastic wheels are made from fossil fuels.