Onon guys?

/ Onon guys? #1  

s1120

Veteran Member
Tractor
87 Ingersoll 444, 84 Ingersoll224/'44 GreavlyL/60'sGreavlyL/49 Ford 8N
Any one here know anything about Onon motors? I just picked up an old case 446, with a 16hp twin that does not run. It is missing a spark plug on one cyl, and was woundering if any one knows what plugs this motor takes? It does have one plug in it, but I don't trust that its the right one. Any chance they are the same as my 14 hp Koholers? I am hoping that with some new plugs, it wil start right up. [HAH!] well I can dream can't I./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Onon guys? #2  
I would think a lawn and tractor dealer should have the info in there books...just the name of the motor and hp should be enough.

You never know about those old engines..just little gas in the heads and maybe a pop than follow by a varoom. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Onon guys?
<font color=red>just little gas in the heads and maybe a pop than follow by a varoom. </font color=red>

I don't think so, but you never know. All I know from the PO is that it does not run. Guy was a little strange, so could be something simple. When I got this tractor, I figured that the motor is no good, so If I can get it running, I am ahead of the game.

/ Onon guys? #4  
<font color=blue>Any one here know anything about Onon motors?</font color=blue>

Not much, but Onan is now owned by Cummins, Onan is my first choice for RV generators, and a number of lawn tractor manufacturers are using Onan engines; Cub Cadet being one. You shouldn't have any trouble finding a dealer with a manual.

/ Onon guys? #5  
This forum doesnt have a whole lot about the old garden tractors but you might want to give the yestedays tractor forum a try. Heres a link to the Case pages. Hope this helps you out.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/ntracz.pl?m=case>http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/ntracz.pl?m=case</A>

/ Onon guys? #6  
Paul,

I always used Champion H10C's in my Onan CCKA's and CCKB's. You can cross reference from those for NGK, Autolite, Splitfire, Bosch, etc.

Jeff

/ Onon guys? #7  
On a JD 318 (which has either a B43G older style Onan or p218 on newer versions) on left side it shows the engine model number. I do think the model is similar to the 18hp model. Spark plug for mine is Champion RBN13Y. The engine is a very good one when properly cared for. Hope this helps. LOL

/ Onon guys?
Thanks for your help guys, but the motor is stuck. Turns 1/2 a rev then locks. Now its wateing for some time to tear it down.