Oops! It's a squirrel, not a rat!

/ Oops! It's a squirrel, not a rat! #1  

Pilot

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 770, Yanmar 180D, JD 420 (not running), had a Kubota B6200
Got a better look in better light, chased it around the garage, it's a squirrel.

Now, how to get rid of squirrels? Don't know the species, but it's not a big gray, more like a medium sized critter, certainly bigger than a chipmunk.

/ Oops! It's a squirrel, not a rat! #2  
Corn or something like that, even dry dog food will work. It's getting time that squirrels are packing all they can in so they can make it through the winter. Get a trap put some bait in and let it sit somewhere he can find it. Youll be eating him soon. :licking:

/ Oops! It's a squirrel, not a rat! #3  
I've had some success with an animal repellent I purchased at TSC (I think). It's a foul smelling liquid that comes in a spray bottle.

Steve

/ Oops! It's a squirrel, not a rat! #4  
Got a better look in better light, chased it around the garage, it's a squirrel.

Now, how to get rid of squirrels? Don't know the species, but it's not a big gray, more like a medium sized critter, certainly bigger than a chipmunk.

I found a coon in the garage and I got rid of him with my 22 pellet gun.

/ Oops! It's a squirrel, not a rat! #5  

LOL ... I was thinking OMG the mans got rats ... A squirrel !!!!, he's packing for the winter ... maybe somewhere you don't want him to pack ... I was once told if you find where's he's packing use wasp spray, it uses up the oxygen and forces him out ...

/ Oops! It's a squirrel, not a rat! #6  
Catch it?
I'd say a Hav-A-Hart with peanuts for bait.
Kill it?
Take a spackle pail, fill it about ス way with water, place it where the critter can climb up to the rim & sprinkle about a coffee can full of sunflower seeds on top of the water so it looks like a mat of food.
This works great on mice & chipmunks that are a problem, too.

/ Oops! It's a squirrel, not a rat! #7  
Squirrel stew!!!

/ Oops! It's a squirrel, not a rat! #8  
Mmmmm, squirrel......

Never had it in real life, but I'd love to try it.

/ Oops! It's a squirrel, not a rat! #9  
LOL ... I was thinking OMG the mans got rats ... A squirrel !!!!, he's packing for the winter ... maybe somewhere you don't want him to pack ... I was once told if you find where's he's packing use wasp spray, it uses up the oxygen and forces him out ...

Moth balls also work...

/ Oops! It's a squirrel, not a rat! #10  
Mmmmm, squirrel......

Never had it in real life, but I'd love to try it.

My grandmother used to make the best squirrel pot pie, hard to believe she has been gone now 37 years.