Oops

/ Oops #11  
Yup that's what we call belly hung. :(

Glad your friend was able to help...whew.

/ Oops #12  
That's some fine looking clay - looks like 99% pure!

That's what's wrong with America today...nobody appreciates good clay anymore...

/ Oops
Yup, brownish red clay is what we grow around here. Hard as concrete in the summer and creamy peanut butter in the winter. There's a sweet spot where it's still moist enough to dig but dry enough to support the tractor. My timing is a bit off this year.

/ Oops #14  
.Ice in the moat is NEVER as thick as on my lake. In other words - stay the Hell off the ice in the moat.

Subsequently - there IS a place where I can cross the moat - any time of the year. Live and learn.

Oosik - didn't know you lived in a castle :) Redirect Notice

/ Oops #15  
Yup, brownish red clay is what we grow around here. Hard as concrete in the summer and creamy peanut butter in the winter. There's a sweet spot where it's still moist enough to dig but dry enough to support the tractor. My timing is a bit off this year.
My sympathies. Here the sweet spot is a small window, too, and I don't get the timing right sometimes, either. I stay off my land all winter, or I would need a backhoe in around May to excavate it, mostly because I would probably have slipped sideways down some slope a couple hundred feet before planting the tractor.

I'm glad that it ended well.

All the best,

Peter

/ Oops #17  
On average I get my tractor stuck pretty good at least once a year, I live on the edge of a wetland that I try to mow the reed canary grass but too swampy to get to when it needs attention for real control... In the 9 years I've had my tractor I think I've only skipped one year but have been stuck similar I think up to 3 times in the same year...

/ Oops #18  
Mom's front hay pasture has eaten a variety of things. I know we got a tractor stuck in it a couple of times, although I think it was the old International 2WD tractor.

I'm sure we got a hay swather stuck. And, a year or two ago one pickup getting hay got stuck.

One old option is to tie wood fence posts to the rear tractor tires like super tire chains. However, you MUST back out. If you drive forward, you risk the torque lifting the front end of the tractor which is extremely dangerous. Backing up the torque pushes the front end down.

I think the older tractors could walk themselves out of a lot of woes with the bucket. However, I'm not sure the bucket on my Ford is strong enough to do much crawling.