Tires Open question on tire loading....

/ Open question on tire loading.... #1  

Catenary Kid

Tractor
JD 350 crawler loader w/backhoe/JD 3720 w/loader/Massey Ferguson 235D
Troops, Amidst the other things we are discussing here, I plan on getting my tires on the 3720 loaded with Rim Gard pretty soon. Prior to this I had a Massey Ferguson 235 D and I loaded the rear tires on it. But it was 2 wheel drive w/manual steering so I never bothered with the front and it worked just as fine as it could. The John Deere is 4 wheel drive with power steering so I thought I might load the front tires, too. I'd like to hear what you folks think of that idea? Is it better to load the front tires or go with suitcase weights?

/ Open question on tire loading.... #2  
Away from more weight to the ground and this resulting in more traction, filling the fronts doesn't do more than that.
Depending on the tire size, there might not go much in anyway.

/ Open question on tire loading.... #3  
My rear tires on my Kubota M6040 are loaded with RimGuard. 1550 pounds. I don't have the fronts loaded for two reasons.

- they would not hold that much RimGuard
- I have a FEL and 820 pound grapple on the front anyhow

The FEL weighs 1543 pounds and the 820 pound grapple. That's an extra 2360 pounds bearing down on the front tires.

/ Open question on tire loading.... #4  
I can't think of a down side to loading the fronts other than the cost involved. More weight is almost always more better and loading the tires does not add weight to the axle.

/ Open question on tire loading....
Many thanks for all the comments. Exactly the advice I sought!

/ Open question on tire loading.... #6  
I see no need to add weight to the front wheels. But do as you wish.

/ Open question on tire loading.... #7  
I foamed filled both the fronts and rears on my MF1540 around 2007. No issues. Added weight, plus I can drive over anything……no flats or bead separation issues to worry about

/ Open question on tire loading.... #8  
I foamed filled both the fronts and rears on my MF1540 around 2007. No issues. Added weight, plus I can drive over anything……no flats or bead separation issues to worry about
Thinking foam filled and RimGuard are two different things here.

The OP said
I plan on getting my tires on the 3720 loaded with Rim Gard pretty soon.

/ Open question on tire loading.... #9  
Thinking foam filled and RimGuard are two different things here.

The OP said

I know….they are two different ways of filling a tire. Was explaining the second method. Good to have an open mind sometimes…..

/ Open question on tire loading.... #10  
Troops, Amidst the other things we are discussing here, I plan on getting my tires on the 3720 loaded with Rim Gard pretty soon. Prior to this I had a Massey Ferguson 235 D and I loaded the rear tires on it. But it was 2 wheel drive w/manual steering so I never bothered with the front and it worked just as fine as it could. The John Deere is 4 wheel drive with power steering so I thought I might load the front tires, too. I'd like to hear what you folks think of that idea? Is it better to load the front tires or go with suitcase weights?
I dunno which is better, filled tires, weights, or empty tires. But if you do fill the front tires you could be the Catenary Quaternary Kid. How's that for a handle?
Eric