Opened an X-Mass Present early - Husky 357XP

/ Opened an X-Mass Present early - Husky 357XP #1  

MadDog

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I bought myself a Husqvarna 357XP chainsaw for Christmas and, since it wasn't going to be a surprise anyway, the weather was nice today and I had four trees to cut up, I tried it out early.

BTW, Norwalk Power in California has 'em on the 'Net at $538 w/ 18" bar and 3 chains. The best price I could get from a local dealer was about $100 more and that was just too big a differential to eat, although I'd rather buy local. Shipped the same day I ordered; they were nice folks to deal with.

What a change from my old "weekend warrior" Homelite! Even with an 18" bar and semi-forgiving chain that it came with, this saw goes through 14" hardwood like a hot knife through butter. The powerhead is 12.1# and I figure that with bar, chain, and filled with gas and chain oil, it probably weighs about 16-17#. Maybe it was just the exhilaration of using a saw with some reasonable amount of muscle, but it didn't seem that heavy.

So far, at least, Husky has one happy customer.

/ Opened an X-Mass Present early - Husky 357XP #2  
Nice saw. It's the next step above my Husky 346, but a lot more saw. Homelite's have their place, but you've definitely stepped up in the world.

How can I get on your chrismas list? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Opened an X-Mass Present early - Husky 357XP
Bein' cute and female would sure help. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well, it would have earlier in life, but I'm happily married now and retired from the swordsman wars. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Opened an X-Mass Present early - Husky 357XP #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bein' cute and female would sure help )</font> /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Guess I don't see THAT happening!!!

It must be nice to find what you want under the tree though... even as you're chopping it down.

/ Opened an X-Mass Present early - Husky 357XP #5  
Nice pick. The XPs are real nice. I've had a 262XP for years and it's a real workhorse. I recently got a 346XPG to have something lighter for limbing and smaller stuff, and will be picking up a 385XPG in a few days for the heavy stuff.