Operation Instructions for a Kubota tractor L6060

/ Operation Instructions for a Kubota tractor L6060 #1  

kthompson

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubotas B2710, M6800, L6060 cab, Volvo EC excavator, 2 ZTRs and various implements.
Okay so have decided on a L6060 tractor and will be a couple of so weeks for dealership to get in, So thought would look at videos on the way to operate the controls of the tractor. Well I have failed to find any real instructions on them. Looked on Kubota and youtube and nothing really there. At least I can find. Find some tid bits here and there with a little info but no real instructions. So am I that bad on searching for them, or they really that simple to operate, or is the manual that great? Not long ago bought new Ford pickup with fair amount of options and was amazed and all the videos Ford has, short and to the point.

Last week got new printer/copier/scanner and fax all in one. No manual on it only a two minute well "it works like the old one except the controls here".

/ Operation Instructions for a Kubota tractor L6060 #2  
I'm confident in your ability to figure it out.

I totally understand your question. When I get a new piece of equipment I download and read everything I can find concerning the operation and repair of said equipment.

Last week I bought a used LP rear blade. I was very disappointed that the manuals weren't in the plastic tube thing. So I went to LP's website, downloaded and printed the Owners Manual and Parts Manual.

I'm not sure what we are going to do to make the next couple or so weeks easier to bear..... :)

/ Operation Instructions for a Kubota tractor L6060 #3  
Okay so have decided on a L6060 tractor and will be a couple of so weeks for dealership to get in, So thought would look at videos on the way to operate the controls of the tractor. Well I have failed to find any real instructions on them. Looked on Kubota and youtube and nothing really there. At least I can find. Find some tid bits here and there with a little info but no real instructions. So am I that bad on searching for them, or they really that simple to operate, or is the manual that great? Not long ago bought new Ford pickup with fair amount of options and was amazed and all the videos Ford has, short and to the point.

Last week got new printer/copier/scanner and fax all in one. No manual on it only a two minute well "it works like the old one except the controls here".

Before buying mine, I borrowed an owner's manual from my dealer and read it cover to cover.

SDT

/ Operation Instructions for a Kubota tractor L6060 #4  
There are a few vids on you tube for the L6060.

/ Operation Instructions for a Kubota tractor L6060
   / Operation Instructions for a Kubota tractor L6060 #7  
You have bought a great tractor. I really like my 5460 especially now that I figured out the differential lock. They are easy to operate with the small exception of the one button that control all the HST plus functions.

If you got the third function valve and operate in any type of rough terrain look at adding some type type of protection. I have a thread on the guard I added.

Last edited:
   / Operation Instructions for a Kubota tractor L6060 #8  
I had no tractor experience at all before buying the L6060. I wasn't sure how I would learn how to be a good operator. Turns out the tractor is simple to use. An hour in the seat and I felt comfortable and capable. Not sure if your worry is being fluent and safe, or just wanting to know every little knick knack prior to ownership.

/ Operation Instructions for a Kubota tractor L6060 #9  
Your bio says you have a lot of tractor experience. I learned on a Farmall H in the early 1950s. The earliest pic I have is one my mom took of me driving our Farmall A home pulling our pull type combine. My L6060 isn’t a lot different except it’s a lot safer than the H and I guess the scar on my right thumb where it was nearly ripped off by the PTO suggests safer than the A too. At least I never rolled the A on it’s side. Very easy to operate; much closer to the tractors you now have. I really only refer to the manual for service as the controls seem so natural. If it’s got a loader remember it lives on grease. Everyone finds their own preferred way of operating so learn on your own - they are all wrong. Always close cab doors after entering or leaving - they cost about $600 to replace when you wipe them off backing up your pickup into an open door. Hydrostatic braking in 3rd is not what it is in 2nd as witnessed by the loader image pressed into my garage door. If you have snow hanging from the eaves, don’t try knocking it off with the loader unless you can afford new eave troughs. None of these important things are in the book - you need to learn by using. And don’t forget your cell, needed to call 9-1-1 when you really mess up. If you remain perfect, you know you’ve done something wrong.

/ Operation Instructions for a Kubota tractor L6060 #10  
That's a good, honest operational assessment right there!!!! :D