Opinions on 3-pt Quick Hitch

/ Opinions on 3-pt Quick Hitch #1  

grnspot110

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 1944- H, 1961 Cub Lo-Boy, 2016- JD 2025R, 2018- JD X580
Looking for opinions, good or bad, on the category 1 quick hitch! Are they really worth the expense? I can get a Speedco locally for $170 w/1 pr. of bushings, more bushings are $20/pr. I have a half dozen or so attachments at home, plus 3 at the farm, some would need modified for width. This is for my newly acquired JD 790! Just seems like it could get rather expensive! ~~ grnspot110

/ Opinions on 3-pt Quick Hitch #2  
Lots of people seem to think so, time vs. money, how often do you have to change? daily, weekly, monthly or seasonally?

/ Opinions on 3-pt Quick Hitch #3  
Well worth it in my opinion. If you are a tightwad like myself Harbor Freight makes a decent quick hitch for under $100, it works great:thumbsup: As far as bushings once again I'm a tight wad so I went to the local tractor shop and bought some category 1 to cat 2 adapters and slid them over my existing pins, then I put a 7/8" washer on the outside of that and slipped a lynch pin in the hole on the pin to keep everything together. For the top I just purchase a cat 1 to cat 2 bushing for that as well. Costs about $5 a set for bushings that way. Make sure you measure your implements before you order a quick hitch, Harbor Freight has a 26.5" and a 27.5" quick hitch so you need to make sure you get the best one for you applications. Mine needed the 27.5" and everything fits nicely:thumbsup:

/ Opinions on 3-pt Quick Hitch #4  
I ran into the problem of quick hitch not fitting all implements. Sold the quick hitch and bought Pat's easy change system. Best money I ever spent.