Opinions

/ Opinions #11  
More important than brand is what kind of rubber its wearing. R1's vs R4's vs turfs
R1’s if you want to use your tractor for what it’s made for>traction
R4s for pavement and dry dirt or a semi-burning desire to get stuck.
Turfs if you really have a burning desire to get stuck.

😆😆😆😆😆

/ Opinions #12  
R1’s if you want to use your tractor for what it’s made for>traction
R4s for pavement and dry dirt or a semi-burning desire to get stuck.
Turfs if you really have a burning desire to get stuck.

😆😆😆😆😆
That ought to be the default answer for all the "which tire?" threads or questions.

/ Opinions #13  
I’ve always wondered what the best brand is out of the old international’s,Fords,orJohn Deere
I have owned and/or operated several of each of those. The first tractor that I ever operated was the 1950 2 cylinder John Deere M that my grandpa bought to replace his last team horses. That one is still going strong and my retired father uses it in his garden on occasion.

My other grandfather had a Farmall (IH) F-14 and F-20, made in the 30’s, which I got to drive a bit when I was real young. He also had a “jalopy”, which was a tractor he made from a 1930’s model A Ford sedan.

The first tractor I bought was a used, one-owner, 1951 Ford 8n. I still have that and use it a fair amount each year. My other tractor is a newer John Deere 4wd diesel. I had a Farmall (IH) cub for about 15 years. I did not care much for that and was happy to see it off.

As far as old tractors of the three brands you listed, in my opinion and based on my experience with several of each, the John Deere’s are way out front. That is probably why they are still in business, while the others have folded or been absorbed by others.

I would rank the Fords next. The 3-point hitch, first offered on the n models, was a big deal. The Farmall’s (IH) were ok, but I wouldn’t buy another. I would rank them just below Allis Chalmer’s, which is the only other old tractor brand that I have owned and operated.

/ Opinions #14  
I will say, when I see people still using tractors from the 1970s and 1980s, it's rarely a Deere. Almost always a Ford or International....and I'd say Ford maybe tips the scales 55/45.

Some old guys just built a plank fence for my parents. They were using an old Ford tractor. Said they'd rolled it over on a hillside doing a job about a month ago, but they unbent some of the metalwork and kept using it. Not sure what the history was on the tractor but it looked extremely worn out and used up. I climbed on it for old times sake and the clutch still felt good and it shifted nice.

/ Opinions #15  
I will say, when I see people still using tractors from the 1970s and 1980s, it's rarely a Deere. Almost always a Ford or International....and I'd say Ford maybe tips the scales 55/45.

Some old guys just built a plank fence for my parents. They were using an old Ford tractor. Said they'd rolled it over on a hillside doing a job about a month ago, but they unbent some of the metalwork and kept using it. Not sure what the history was on the tractor but it looked extremely worn out and used up. I climbed on it for old times sake and the clutch still felt good and it shifted nice.

I see probably more Deeres than anything else from the '70s and '80s around here, lots of 20-55 series machines around. There are quite a few '70s and '80s Fords and early '70s Internationals, but not much for Internationals from the late '70s through the '90s around here.

/ Opinions
I see probably more Deeres than anything else from the '70s and '80s around here, lots of 20-55 series machines around. There are quite a few '70s and '80s Fords and early '70s Internationals, but not much for Internationals from the late '70s through the '90s around here.
I think it’s really regional I mainly see fords and Deere’s here in Tennessee but other states it can vary

/ Opinions

There’s a lot of fords around me a lot less Deere’s but barely any internationals

/ Opinions #18  
I love seeing all of them, but I have got blue blood running in my veins.

/ Opinions #19  
I follow all the Mecum antique tractor auctions and John Deeres always sell for way more than any other brand.
IH also gets a good dollar.

So don't rule out the other brands because they are all just as good and can be bought way cheaper.
I have Allis Chalmers and they pull strong for their weight class and it starts in minus 40 when my new tractors will struggle.