Options for a rear mount Blower

/ Options for a rear mount Blower #11  
I don't use it much simply because driving backwards is not at all user friendly.

I find if you turn yourself in the seat it's much easier to watch what you are doing, i.e. turn your whole body, not just your neck.

I find at least with a rear mount blower you are driving the direction you are working versus something like a baler or plough where you are driving forward but having to watch behind.

Good luck with the project regardless, if you did power it with a separate engine you could certainly travel nice and slow with the tractor at an idle and blower running wide open.

/ Options for a rear mount Blower #12  
In suburban areas where speed is of essence, the inverted or pull blower is a money maker.
They back up to the garage door,drop the blower and onto the neighbor's drive, 5 mins! (or less).
Usually attached to an 80 hp or more tractor.

In rural areas the front mount is rarer with rear mount on hydro static drive being favored. Highway gearing is, however, a desired feature due to distance between clients.

Insurance is now the big factor as premiums have escalated to the point that many have quit the game.
Plow trucks are getting to be a rare sight other than on big city plows.

/ Options for a rear mount Blower #13  
A fork lift is very easy to maneuver with precision due to the configuration of steering.
Just like a tractor is with a rear mounted blower.

I've operated both configurations and I sure would not want to clear 50-100 drives with fancy landscaping and expensive shrubs, no wonder insurance rates for snow contractors has escalated.

I did install a camera system, liked it somewhat but still always turn, sidesaddle, when up close to buildings or things I wish to avoid damaging or, LOL, ingesting.

Kubota does make tractor that is ideal.
It is configured very much like a fork lift with the steering wheels being at the back and blower up front.
While pricey it is a fine tool but rather limited in scope to blowing snow and sweeping parking lots.
For sure not your farm tractor for cleaning the stalls or hay duties.

Last edited:
   / Options for a rear mount Blower #14  
I find if you turn yourself in the seat it's much easier to watch what you are doing, i.e. turn your whole body, not just your neck.
That's exactly what I do...about the only difference from driving forward is the position of my foot on the eHydro reverse pedal