Ordered An HST Fan Shield BX

/ Ordered An HST Fan Shield BX #1  

bp fick

Tractor
John Deere X390
While my like new BX was being prepped at the dealership, I took a quick look under the tractor to check the HST fan blades. Yup, they were all in tact. Good. But, the shield was not. Totally absent. Kubota made a mid-course correction on the BXxx60 series. They went from no shield, to a little dinky shield, to a much larger and protective shield.

Soon as I got home, I ordered the shield. $36. on-line. I am not going to put it on in this weather, so it wasn't too disappointing to see that it is sitting at UPS in Chicago. The tracking stated "weather delay". No kidding.

Since Chicago broke records today for subzero temps, not at all surprising. :)

Unknown.jpg

/ Ordered An HST Fan Shield BX #2  
I ordered one of those a few years ago for my bx2350. Now it's sitting on a shelf in the garage. I don't need it for mowing grass (the mid mount mower protects the underside) and it's not enough protection for brush hogging. Last spring I got a Bxpanded skid plate, easy on and off and gives a lot of protection and doesn't act like a dirt scoop when you're moving tons of loose gravel. It does give more protection than not having one (damaged the filter once)

/ Ordered An HST Fan Shield BX #4  
Actually the fan on our BX2200 lost several blades and had to be replaced even though it was operated always with a MMM. We no longer use it for mowing, so put the Bro Tek plates and steering protectors on it; Bxpanded did not offer one for the older tractors at that time, but I believe they do now. We also put plates on our BX2660 even though it always has the MMM on, not worth risking damage.

The Bro Tek can be used with a MMM, but the Bxpanded can't as far as I remember.

/ Ordered An HST Fan Shield BX #5  
Smart move as I hear those fan blades are a pain to change.

/ Ordered An HST Fan Shield BX #6  
Smart move as I hear those fan blades are a pain to change.

Yep, the ones on the BX2200 are not bad, but on the later models it is a bear.

/ Ordered An HST Fan Shield BX #7  
Sorry BP, I would get better coverage than that.....:(

/ Ordered An HST Fan Shield BX
Hey guys. I understand all about the better options for protection. :thumbsup: I read all those threads ad nauseum the last 5 years.

I'd prefer to fabricate my own, following some really good patterns by 4Shorts (????) and some other really nifty fabricators. I only posted this because the machine came with ZIP. Nothing. The only thing this new BX is going to do is move snow for the next three months. :). I didn't want to even do that without this piece. I'll slap it on, if it ever makes it out of frozen Chicago.

/ Ordered An HST Fan Shield BX
Seriously guys, if you haven't checked out the work that 4shorts does you gotta watch this video. It is the compilation video, showing all the mods done to their brand new BX25. My goodness it is impressive beyond words. My mind was filled with ideas, even if i do not possess the capability of 4shorts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcIHRhKjNu8#t=17

/ Ordered An HST Fan Shield BX #10  
Seriously guys, if you haven't checked out the work that 4shorts does you gotta watch this video. It is the compilation video, showing all the mods done to their brand new BX25. My goodness it is impressive beyond words. My mind was filled with ideas, even if i do not possess the capability of 4shorts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcIHRhKjNu8#t=17

I am a big fan of 4shorts and for those who have not visited his website, I encourage that you d. He just did a seat modification for me so I can put an air ride seat in my L5740.