Ordering a L6060

/ Ordering a L6060 #21  
I ordered an M7060 cab at the end of Nov. The dealer (3 locations) had 12 on order from earlier in the year, but none had the accessories I wanted. They were able to change the second on the list to my build specs and delivery is expected to be in 90 days. I am not super optimistic, but I am hoping that it doesn't go beyond 6 months. I did have to put a deposit, but that was fine. It was the only way to get them to change the build on an already existing order.

/ Ordering a L6060 #22  
Was at a Kubota dealer today pricing baling twine because we were in the area. They had four L3560 OS tractors and one L3560 cab tractor, about six L2501's, one M7060 and that was about it. They had tons of Land Pride implements.

/ Ordering a L6060 #23  
When I got my MX6000 in the Fall I had to be flexible. I initially sent in builds for the L4701 and MX5400 for quote and was promptly told they had neither and didn't know when they would but they had two MX6000s they could build to my specs for an extra $1300. I jumped on it and told him I'd pay cash and have the money in a month or two. He put the thing aside for me, no contract and no deposit. First purchase from that dealership too. I'm so thankful I got what I wanted so quickly after reading all these woes.
I called 5 dealers: 3 in my state and 2 in adjacent states and told them to call when they have a MX5400. After a month I had a call from one of the out of state dealers asking if I would be interested in a MX6000 that someone else had ordered and declined to buy. I jumped on it, and only ended up waiting about 2 months. In this market, you might want to branch out beyond one dealer.

/ Ordering a L6060 #24  
I ordered a L6060 HSTC in late November of 2019. The dealer said it would take 4 months. He called in early January of 2020 and said he had one another buyer refused to take. I bought it the same day.

You never know what may happen. With most reputable dealers, you lock in the price & current discounts even if delivery is a year away. There is such a demand for these tractors, a deposit is usually not required. If you refuse to take delivery when it finally comes in, the dealer will likely sell it for more to someone else on the wait list. Crazy times indeed!

/ Ordering a L6060 #25  
I got the end of year inventory on dealer’s lots based on Ag Equipment Manufacturer’s data and it showed 3 months inventory, about 41,000 tractors in the less than 40 HP class, and 3.5 months, about 16,000 tractors in the 40 to 100 HP class. Are they in the wrong locations or are there that many dealers that it appears vacant lots? My dealer already picked up the L6060 with 744 hours I traded as he had sold it from pictures but he has not yet delivered my M5-111. Not worried yet with 3 feet of snow covering my fields and haven’t seen temperatures above freezing since before Christmas, but it’s getting close to planting.

/ Ordering a L6060 #26  
I called 5 dealers: 3 in my state and 2 in adjacent states and told them to call when they have a MX5400. After a month I had a call from one of the out of state dealers asking if I would be interested in a MX6000 that someone else had ordered and declined to buy. I jumped on it, and only ended up waiting about 2 months. In this market, you might want to branch out beyond one dealer.
Are you enjoying yours as much as I am mine? Boy, she's a worker. So nimble too. Even with a FEL she maneuvers so well. Getting maybe 15/20 hours out of a tank. You?

/ Ordering a L6060 #27  
Are you enjoying yours as much as I am mine? Boy, she's a worker. So nimble too. Even with a FEL she maneuvers so well. Getting maybe 15/20 hours out of a tank. You?
Yes I am. The more I use it, the happier I am with it. I especially enjoy the feeling of stability, especially when using the loader to lift. I upgraded from a small JD that I owned for 20 years. It was a B series sized machine. It always felt tippy to me, even with loaded tires. With loaded tires, the MX feels rock solid. But 4x4 will tear up the ground even with R4 tires, so I only engage as necessary. I think 15-20 hours per tank sounds about right.

/ Ordering a L6060 #29  
Yes I am. The more I use it, the happier I am with it. I especially enjoy the feeling of stability, especially when using the loader to lift. I upgraded from a small JD that I owned for 20 years. It was a B series sized machine. It always felt tippy to me, even with loaded tires. With loaded tires, the MX feels rock solid. But 4x4 will tear up the ground even with R4 tires, so I only engage as necessary. I think 15-20 hours per tank sounds about right.
Oh my god, I got the R1 tires and you're not kidding. I take that thing out early in the morning and it's a damn excavator.