Organic fruit production?

/ Organic fruit production? #1  

piller

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M8540HD ROPS
Our farm is located in East TN. We had a bumper crop of wild blackberries this year, it's still going strong. The wild blackberries are pretty amazing, they plant themselves, they don't require any care, and they produce fabulous berries.

I've planted 12 fruit trees in the last two years; apples, peaches, and pears. The manager at the farm store says that the fruit trees will need to be sprayed with chemicals regularly if we want to get a crop. We want to keep everything as natural and organic as possible and really don't want to spray. Is anyone here successful in growing organic fruit? Are there particular varieties I should consider? How did the old timers grow their fruit? Thanks.

/ Organic fruit production? #2  
gold rush and enterprise are some of the no/low spray trees that I have. I also keep some items from gardens alive on hand. The payola spray, the is also copper and sulfur sprays for keeping other things at bay.

/ Organic fruit production? #3  
Nets to keep the birds at bay and chicken and ducks roaming through to clean up the bugs works for us