Orginality of this 3 point set up MF 135

/ Orginality of this 3 point set up MF 135 #1  

EndlessMowing

Tractor
MF135 Perk 3 diesel JD 60
Recently purchased this 135, and was wanting to pick the brains of the forum as to the,

orginality
pieces missing
items that are currently used that may be better, etc of this 3 point set up.

I realize, and have found several little "fix it's" to keep the tractor working, and mainly wanting to know -

what type pins were used on the lifting arms, currently theres a thick cotter pin, and a bent bolt, Were lynch pins originally used? what would you use today?

There's one lower support arm on the lower right, this looks possibly something from Yesterday's tractor, set up is solid, but should there be two supports?

Draw bar looks to be missing, but the support is there, Sellers husband passed away, so I'm sure it's in the "shop" in a special place

Basically pick apart this "just bought" set up, let me know what would have been original and what may be better as in connectors, etc.

Last edited:
   / Orginality of this 3 point set up MF 135 #2  
If you can use lynch pins the remove the bent bolt and large cotter pin and use them. They are pretty cheap so get a few extras.
You can also get a replacement draw bar from most tractor supply stores. It was probably not something the previous owner used so it was removed and is in a special place as you say.
It's been years since I operated a 135 so don't remember much about the 3pt. setup.
Gray paint looks fairly new. Either it was kept inside and not used much or recently restored.

/ Orginality of this 3 point set up MF 135 #3  
Only thing that appears different than my father in law's m135 is the top link and the paint is much better on that one...

/ Orginality of this 3 point set up MF 135 #4  
Looks pretty much like the common Ford arrangement.

You may not need all these pieces, at once or ever, but here is a diagram.

3pointhitchdiagram.jpg

Bruce

/ Orginality of this 3 point set up MF 135
Thanks for the picture I felt it was mostly original from MF photos I had looked at as well.

There's some cut off pieces on the top link with welded on nuts who knows what previous owner use was.

New lynch pins, throw another stabilizer bar on and call it good.

/ Orginality of this 3 point set up MF 135 #6  
Thanks for the picture I felt it was mostly original from MF photos I had looked at as well.

There's some cut off pieces on the top link with welded on nuts who knows what previous owner use was.

New lynch pins, throw another stabilizer bar on and call it good.
Yes, get the other stabilizer bar installed.

/ Orginality of this 3 point set up MF 135 #7  
The axle end stabiliser mount bracket is missing which is why there is no left stabiliser bar fitted. You will need to get longer bolts to got throught both the mud guard and stabiliser bracket. Look on the right side stabiliser setup and you will clearly see what I mean.
The draw bar is an easy fit. Just slide the drawbar in until it hits the front position(vertical) pin, then remove the front (horizontal) drawbar carrier pin to let the front drop down, then remove the vertical pin and slide the drawbar forward until the front holes in the drawbar line up refit the vertical pin, swing the drawbar carrier back up and refit the horizontal pin AND don't forget the linch pin or what ever was holding the horizontal pin in(the trailer hitch end of the draw bar acts as a counter weight making refitting both the vertical and horizontal pins easy).