Original Massey Ferguson Parts

/ Original Massey Ferguson Parts #1  

MasseyWV

Elite Member
Tractor
Does anyone know a source for original Massey Ferguson parts? Not the imported replacement parts that are commonly available today, but the original American-made parts from the 1960's and 1970's.

Granted, they will likely be very scarce, but if a source can be found, I'd like to use original high-quality parts when I eventually restore my Massey Ferguson 135 tractor. When the time comes, I may even consider using good quality used parts for certain applications.

/ Original Massey Ferguson Parts #2  
Does anyone know a source for original Massey Ferguson parts? Not the imported replacement parts that are commonly available today, but the original American-made parts from the 1960's and 1970's.

Granted, they will likely be very scarce, but if a source can be found, I'd like to use original high-quality parts when I eventually restore my Massey Ferguson 135 tractor. When the time comes, I may even consider using good quality used parts for certain applications.

Your local MF dealer.

/ Original Massey Ferguson Parts
Your local MF dealer.

That's not quite what I had in mind.

I've been to many local MF dealers, but most of them have parts that were recently manufactured, which means they were probably imported from China, India, Taiwan, or some other third-world country. I suppose one could call the parts I'm hoping to find, "old" new parts that were made in America during the 1960's or 1970's, but were never sold or used.

/ Original Massey Ferguson Parts #4  
Try Sparex. You may luck out on some UK built parts, but finding ANY PARTS built in the USA will be a hard one.

/ Original Massey Ferguson Parts #5  
I know exactly what you're talking about I'm in the same boat with my 150 I restore old muscle cars and had the same thing in mind for my 150, Great question I have been meaning to ask this one myself too... if you don't mind let me know what you come up with thanks!

/ Original Massey Ferguson Parts #6  

Just out of curiosity, what kind of parts would you be looking for? I think the dealers are pretty good with US made mechanical parts to keep the tractors in service, but if you're looking for cosmetic parts/sheet metal or items that can easily be replaced with generic hoses or electrical items and such you are out of luck.

/ Original Massey Ferguson Parts
Just out of curiosity, what kind of parts would you be looking for?

Nothing specific at this time, but all machines eventually break so...

/ Original Massey Ferguson Parts #8  
Some things that I am in search of are a good seat and frame for the MF 150, mine is too far gone to salvage, I know they make aftermarket seat cushions which is fine, but I need a good frame for it. I also wanted to make sure all my gauges looked original, I know there are a lot of universal ones, and to each his own, but I prefer to have the all original look. I was hoping there would be some larger or well known salvage yards, that may have some of these parts in descent restorable shape. Other than that, Im sure it will be a waiting game and just keep checking the auction sites. Thanks for any leads!

/ Original Massey Ferguson Parts #9  
I agree with Will, It's really hard finding any good parts for a Massey (I have a 64 Super 90WR) and it's sparse at best. But I have had fair luck running through these and other tractor sites and fielding your requests Canada also seems to have their share of Masseys.

Thanks
John B

/ Original Massey Ferguson Parts #10  
I've used this Canadian salvage site to source MF 135 parts:

Fawcett

Your mileage may vary....