Oring on banjo bolt?

/ Oring on banjo bolt? #1  

valley

Platinum Member
Tractor
Michigan 55A, Foton 254
Greetings, Have you ever used an Oring where a rubber clad metal washer is leaking on a banjo bolt? The leak is oin the hydrolic system.
I fairly sure I read a thread where an Oring was used. Did your leave the washer in also? Thankyou

Richard

Last edited:
   / Oring on banjo bolt? #2  
I wound up replacing my washers on my hydraulic suction side where there's no pressure with some extra thick nylon washers that I had purchase from a kinda like a Tractor Supply place. I found them in the hardware assortment bins located on top of the bolt bins. There's no leaks. I wouldn't mind using the rubber coated washers but it seems only the Jinma manufacturers use those. No one 'round here "ever seen anything like that". Post back if any one knows a source. bjr

/ Oring on banjo bolt? #3  
I had a similar problem on my Jinma (FarmPro 2420) and I went to a local hydraulic hose repair dealer and they had the rubber coated washers in stock. I put these on and no more leaking problems. A very easy fix and it didn't cost too much. I replaced all of them while I was at it and I think it was around $20 for all of them (8 or 10). I live in Northern Ohio but I think any business that works on hydraulic equipment would be able to find you these rubber-coated washers.

Last edited:
   / Oring on banjo bolt? #5  
No one 'round here "ever seen anything like that". Post back if any one knows a source. bjr
Japanese motorcycles use them, likely in metric sizes as well. And I don't think I'd have to dig too deep into my spares box to find some either.

//greg//

/ Oring on banjo bolt? #6  
Greetings, Have you ever used an Oring where a rubber clad metal washer is leaking on a banjo bolt? The leak is oin the hydrolic system.
I fairly sure I read a thread where an Oring was used. Did your leave the washer in also? Thankyou

Richard

Some metric ports and almost all BSPP ports have a metal washer with an O-ring inside of it for sealing. Just and O-ring with no support will not work unless it is static condition at atmospheric pressure.

Depending on sealing surface and operating pressure brass and or aluminum washers will also work on Banjo bolts.

Just a word of caution: Banjo bolts will not withstand lots of torque so don't go crazy when tightening them.

Roy

/ Oring on banjo bolt?
I had a good number of the rubber clad metal washers. I looked for them today, they are not with the other tractor parts. I must have put them in a very safe place.

greg current John Deere owner. John Deere? You excite my envy.

/ Oring on banjo bolt? #9  
Yep, an O-ring needs support, so is usually installed in a machined groove. In a pressure application an outer washer/collar would provide this support and control O-ring crush. Basically perform the same service as the rubber sectioned washers.

/ Oring on banjo bolt?
In this case the banjo fitting is bolted onto a flat surface, no inset.