Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 4200 w/backhoe, Ford 3000,Case 580 backhoe
Wow,I had no idea you could do this.

Tompet

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO 20, Kubota B3300, BH77, Massey Ferguson 1540
I did this last year, after reading about it on this site, on a trailer and will do it again this year with my dump trailer. Simple and effective. Between property taxes and the constant increase bump in small taxes, like trailer plates, I cut where I can.

As far as warnings and trouble, I read some references to that but not on the Maine site I used. Some states do not like it Delaware for example.

Last edited:

Katahdin

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar LX4500, Toro z420
Being a proponent of small government, I think our State employees have better things to do then service scofflaws from out-of-state. No offense, Scofflaws.

George2615

Tractor
LS XR3037HC
People try to save money where they can.
I don't blame anyone who wants to register a trailer in Maine for 7 years for what it costs for 1 year in the greedy state of NY.

murphy1244

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota 1120 RTV Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y
I did this last year, after reading about it on this site, on a trailer and will do it again this year with my dump trailer. Simple and effective. Between property taxes and the constant increase bump in small taxes, like trailer plates, I cut where I can.

As far as warnings and trouble, I read some references to that but not on the Maine site I used. Some states do not like it Delaware for example.

I got involved in local politics and when I saw the disregard local pols had about their fellow residents in the small 12k city I live in (spread out over 22 sq. miles) it was troubling. The attitude of "just put it on their property taxes" rather than trying to change practices does not sink in to the local cheerleaders. So I am more than happy to cut taxes when I can.

Which site did you use and did you ever get a hard time from anyone? Thanks for any and all responses.

aczlan

Super Star Member
Tractor
Case 480F LL, Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660
People try to save money where they can.
I don't blame anyone who wants to register a trailer in Maine for 7 years for what it costs for 1 year in the greedy state of NY.
What kills me, is that I can register a 2002 Caravan (that covers 10k miles per year never weighing less than 4200#) for 2 years for the same price as 1 year's registration on a 3000# trailer that MIGHT see 1000 miles per year and about half of those will be unloaded...

Aaron Z

tractchores

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota b2920
I've got 3 trailers registered in Maine. I dont care that much about the fee (it is cheaper), its just a huge pain in the butt to register every single year in MA. Ironically my trailers spend a lot of time in NH and Maine. I have not had any issues with it and know a bunch of others that do the same thing. I believe in MA if it's in the state for more than a certain number of consecutive days then it needs to be registered in MA or there is a fine.