Outdoor chair from live edge wood

/ Outdoor chair from live edge wood #1  

Garandman

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L3200 HST
Have an Alaska mill and have it a number of 2” thick live edge planks 10-15” wide and up to 10’ long.

Somewhere found plans for rustic chairs from this kind of timber - but can’t find it! The closest I’ve come is a simple design from Bob Villa.

Any suggestions?

instructables-outdoor-chair.jpg

/ Outdoor chair from live edge wood #2  
   / Outdoor chair from live edge wood #3  
Have an Alaska mill and have it a number of 2” thick live edge planks 10-15” wide and up to 10’ long.

Somewhere found plans for rustic chairs from this kind of timber - but can’t find it! The closest I’ve come is a simple design from Bob Villa.

Any suggestions?

Anyone old enough to qualify for senior coffee will appreciate the arm rests . Not so much to rest the arms but to get up .

/ Outdoor chair from live edge wood #4  

I have a bunch of 2x 12" x8' and made a few of these...
As soon as the weather warms some i'd like to build a couple of Adirondack chairs . Those pictured in the free plans look nice but it may take a Gin Truck to move one . Maybe locking caster wheels on front or back and drive it like a wheel barrow .

/ Outdoor chair from live edge wood #5  

Any suggestions?

Snooze would be good test warm spring day. :)

/ Outdoor chair from live edge wood #6  
Leopold Bench with arms.

1646012862649.png

/ Outdoor chair from live edge wood #7  
As soon as the weather warms some i'd like to build a couple of Adirondack chairs . Those pictured in the free plans look nice but it may take a Gin Truck to move one . Maybe locking caster wheels on front or back and drive it like a wheel barrow .

IMG_1726.JPG

They are heavy, but sturdy and comfortable.

/ Outdoor chair from live edge wood #8  
I've made a couple small coffee tables. They are out in the living room. Make of oak. Man - are they ever heavy. I make them so they fold up but I never move them to anywhere else.

/ Outdoor chair from live edge wood #9  
Google "Tall Adirondack chairs" - I like the feel of Adirondack chairs but I would have a hard time getting in and out of one that's low to the ground. I saw these and have thought about building them (and these ARE heavy).

/ Outdoor chair from live edge wood #10  
Google "Tall Adirondack chairs" - I like the feel of Adirondack chairs but I would have a hard time getting in and out of one that's low to the ground. I saw these and have thought about building them (and these ARE heavy).
A few years back Norm and another fellow re-designed Adirondacks because of the very thing you mentioned and built one on his TV show . I have those plans for the taller Adirondacks they built . The plans were free when i got them and may still be free if a search is implemented .