Overheating

/ Overheating #31  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am not convinced your radiator is clogged since you kept your sceens up? )</font>

My 4110s radiator clogs up while using the bushhog in the summer all the time and I have all the protective "screens" on it. I will not go so far as to call the radiator shielding a "design flaw" but instead say it could use some "design improvement." Since her overheating problem only occurred after bushhogging, I have no reason to believe that the problem is anything other than simple radiator clogging.

When mine gets clogged up, I use compressed air and a "air wand" to blow it out from the fan side. The wand comes in handy as it allows you to get in to tight areas. Depending on the type of vegetation and state (like if it has gone to seed or not), I can find myself having to blow out the radiator several times in an afternoon. Not fun, but required.

/ Overheating #33  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( How hot does your tractor run when the radiator clogs with trash? )</font>

With the type and amount of junk that gets in my radiator, when it is clogged I notice a slow but continuous needle rise over time and consequently go in and clean it out before it gets too high. If I didn't stop I am confident the rise would continue until it would be in the "H" or "red" zone.

When I am doing other work that puts a heavier load on the engine but the tractor has a clean radiator, while there is a rise in temp, the rise stops and does not continue to go up as with the bushhogging with a clogged radiator.

/ Overheating #34  
Any of my vehicles, including my tractor radiator get the screen treatment..... While back, I bought a roll of window screen material to re screen the patio door. And the leftover is used to cover front of the radiator, it stops everything, never have problem with overheating even on hot humid southeastern Georgia days. Hope this helps someone. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Overheating
Someone suggested to me trying to fan a small torch rapidly (so as not to overheat it) on the front of the radiator to try to burn out some of the embedded seed/plant material.

Do you know if this would be dangerous to try on the type of radiator that the Mahindra has? Does it sound like something feasible to try?

/ Overheating #36  
Judy, you undoubtedly know how thin those radiatior fins are. Now I don't say it can't work, but no way I'd get near any of my radiators with a torch. It's my guess that if the torch were close enough, long enough, or hot enough to burn out any seeds, it'd also melt part of the radiator.

/ Overheating #37  
Judy,I know it's been awhile since this post was started but I just have one question.
When you said your tractor was get hot or overheating, Did you know this because the needle showed that or was the motor / raidator boiling?
Reason for this question is,
On the 4110 Mahindra tractor which has the same chassis as yours the battery drop plate kit was also installed and the temp. quage was off so that had to be changed also.
So maybe you are just getting warm but not overheating.
I would check with your dealer and see if he had heard about this update.

/ Overheating #38  
My turn? I've been following this post because (1) I've developed an interest in the Mahindras (red is good) and (2) I also have bushhogged with Lucy (Our CC 7275) and had heating problems. My solution (70 miles from home and the air compressor) is to carry air tanks and spray nozzle and when the temp needle gets close to the red, stop and spray the chaff out.
That said ( and Judy, we love you dearly), I'd like to hear what you've done up to now to follow the good advice you've been given here? It really might come down to stuck thermostat. It could be a dirty radiator. It could be a bad heat guage. Don't let it throw ya.
Bring us up to date?