Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #22  
Just for the record, both of my brand new (2020/2021) Kubota tractors had to go back to the dealer within a month of ownership for an issue, albeit minor.

The B2601 had a no start issue. Loose wire to starter solenoid, if memory serves me correctly.

The L2501 had a leaking loader valve which required new seals.

no way did these two incidents disparage my experience with the brand.

Stuff happens.

Mike

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #23  
I saw this video in my news feed this evening and decided to give it a watch. After listening to the guy discuss his issue with the tractor he then ended by saying he should have bought a Kubota. My immediate reaction was What??? Why? Because you have an issue that needs to go back to the dealer to be fixed? I couldn't see his logic here and furthermore I was surprised to hear this coming from a Deere owner. My impression of Deere is they seem to have the highest bating average when it comes to reliability and engineering. It seems based on all the social media tractor groups that I belong to that you hardly ever hear of their compacts having any problems. Is this really true? Is my perception correct or off about this? I would like to hear all of your thoughts and opinions on this.

I personally wouldn't buy any Deere under the 3R size. Since I've been following and buying compact tractors since 2008, I see all the same issues year after year on the 2 series Deere's. They get updated and new graphics and same old problems. Sure they have lots of fancy features, like auto connect decks and PTO's, but they don't do you any good when all you keep reading is posts about how they don't work correctly. Even the John Deere only forums are full of complaints......but they still say they are the best ever.
And for those that will disagree, just go read all the Deere forums. That's far easier than me typing out all the issues people are having with them.

And it's really too bad, because I really wanted a Deere. But these forums scared me off of them.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #25  
Most on line reviews of equipment are as stupid as brand loyalty to equipment.
And just about as stupid as unreasoned disdain of other brands.
So far in my shopping for a tractor both of the big names charge a 20% premium for their tractors and seem to have as many problems as the other brands. Orange, green, blue or red, most tractors sold in the U.S. are decent machines with positive and negative attributes to one degree or another.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #26  
I saw this video in my news feed this evening and decided to give it a watch. After listening to the guy discuss his issue with the tractor he then ended by saying he should have bought a Kubota. My immediate reaction was What??? Why? Because you have an issue that needs to go back to the dealer to be fixed? I couldn't see his logic here and furthermore I was surprised to hear this coming from a Deere owner. My impression of Deere is they seem to have the highest bating average when it comes to reliability and engineering. It seems based on all the social media tractor groups that I belong to that you hardly ever hear of their compacts having any problems. Is this really true? Is my perception correct or off about this? I would like to hear all of your thoughts and opinions on this.

Pretty much a waste of time...many YouTubers are just looking for headcount, not accuracy of their videos.
So, as far as I'm concerned, this guy is full of it...nothing more

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #27  
From them video/ Whaaa! My tractor leaves marks in the driveway. What do I do?

Two possible solutions for him:
1. Leave it parked in the garage. In a few years the way things are going he could double his money.

2. Live with it. Rubber tires on concrete leave a mark in a turn, the sharper the turn, the more pronounced the mark. Same applies for when it's on gravel.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #28  
Hard to buy a "bad" tractor these days. Sure, there are brands and models that are better (or worse) than others, but it's not like it was 20 years ago when there really were "bad" machines out there. I've seen, used, or owned a metric buttload of tractors over the years and the best SCUTs I've seen are green (JD), orange (Kubota), or red (MF). We own a TYM SCUT that is decent and gets the job done well, too.

This day and age it really comes down to preference.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #29  
I upgraded in 2009. I looked a Deere and Kubota. Kubota had what I wanted. I choose Kubota. No regrets ..........

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #30  
So you would buy a rural king tractor if the dealer was nice and the specs were right? Knowing that brand is not important?
I would, but there are no RK stores around here. Nothing wrong with the tractor, it is a straight up TYM. Only reasonable complaints are that RK doesn't have consistently competent support. If you make the case that the dealer (RK in this case) is good, sure, buy the tractor.