Oww!! My aching back!

/ Oww!! My aching back! #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
I have been following a number of posts in TBN and figured I would present the following senario for comments/suggestions of those who have "been there done that".

I have recently hurt my back /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif) (and I am getting older /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif) so am interested in operating some of my implements out where I can see them - on a front 3PH and PTO.

I have contacted a few of the dealers on TBN for their suggestions and quotes but want to make sure I am covering the greatest number of possibilities.

Here is my "wish list"
4 WD
HST (maybe shuttle)
Ag Tires
Cab with heat and A/C (hopefully but negotiable)
Front 3PH
Front PTO
Differential lock
FEL
Hydraulic top link for rear 3PH
Enough HP to run my 76" single stage snowblower on the front
Enough HP to use a 6’ First Choice Box Blade on the rear

I am located in Central Ontario Canada and have 79 acres of pasture, hay and bush.

Thanks for any ideas.
Bob

/ Oww!! My aching back! #2  
Sorry about your back "issues" Bob.

I am curious to see what kind of recommendations you receive... Should be fun!!

/ Oww!! My aching back! #3  
Talk to your New Holland dealer and see if they can get the front 3pt and pto set up on a TN for you. I know they have them over in Europe so it shouldn't be too hard to do. Worst case senerio, take a vacation to Europe and bring a TN back with you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Oww!! My aching back! #4  
Have you ever looked at Holder Tractors ?

Our municipality uses them, and they're pretty cool. I have no idea how much they cost, but they look like something that might meet your needs.

/ Oww!! My aching back! #5  
I would look at another option for the front-end. It would not be cheap, but it is possible.

Put a skid-steer type attachment on the loader arms. Set all your front implements, buckets, ect up with the universal skid steer attach plate. You can easily switch all your front implements, in a matter of seconds. It will take you longer to get off the tractor than it will to disengage/engage the implements.

Now, run remote hydraulics to the loader arms. Now you have two choices... Mount a hydraulic motor to the loader arms, and have a 3pt splined pto output shaft put on it. Now you could easily use your 3pt stuff up front.
Or, you could run remote hydraulics to the front, and use hydraulic driven implements. Hydraulic driven auger/PHD's, mowers, ect are available, but significantly more expensive than pto driven.

The problem with a front 3pt hitch is it is in the way of the loader arms. Even the mounting would probably interefere with a detachable loader setup.

/ Oww!! My aching back! #6  
Hey Bob,

The HST and factory cab leaves out just about everyone except Landini/McCormick. Or if you want to go a bit bigger of tractor there is the Claas/Renault Ergos.

Zuidberg makes a front 3pth and pto for quite a few tractors. www.frontlinkinc.com are the importers.In a good well engineered front 3pth set-up the links will not interfere with a loader,if they could they will fold up or be easily removable. But if you check out the Euro site from the manufacturers you'll see quite a few that are compatible with a fel just as they are.....

/ Oww!! My aching back! #7  
A sore back can sure put a damper on things eh.

As for the equipment out front where you can see it set the tractor up with dual controls and power swivel seat. Forward or backward all turn into forward. Would recomend an HSt to avoid gearing problems.
Egon

/ Oww!! My aching back! #8  
anyone seen those little blue 4wd "reversible cab" tractors with 3pt on both ends? I've seen them with a hyd loader on the end closest to the cab. or the cab turns around and it looks more like a regular 4wd. pretty cool.

/ Oww!! My aching back!
Thanks Woodbeef
What if I drop the cab idea - just getting soft in my old age too!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif but I thought it was worth a try.
I'll check the Frontlink site but on my 21,600 web connection on a good day it does take a while for those pages to load.

Cheers.
Bob

/ Oww!! My aching back! #10  
Do you mean the NH TV145? If so I wouldn't call it little. But it does fit his needs. Nice roomy cab, 4wd, front and rear 3pt and pto, 105 pto hp which should be just barely enough for his snow blower, and it has a hydro tranny.

TV145_044_08W.jpg