Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires
The smoke, ash etc was a bit better today but now at 7pm its beginning to clobber up again. I think most any place west of Montana could use rain now.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #52  
I'm surprised at the fine ash that is coming down. I also thought it was getting better this afternoon with a bit of westerly winds but nope. At least it has cooled down quite a bit. I don't ever recall a dry spell like this year!

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires
Well - here at 2am its a tad better. Less ash fall and no odor. Or maybe I've just become "noseblind" - whatever. I turn my big fans on and suck the cool night air thru the house and cool things down. So far this has not increased the dust/ash inside the house noticeably.

Its always dry as a popcorn fart, over here, this time of year. However, this year it started earlier and has a much wider spread/influence.

I just hope, as we always do, that everybody understands our precarious situation and is extremely careful with fire. Then all we have to be really concerned about are the lightning storms that come with the fall rains.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #54  
We've gotten some trace amounts of rain from some t-storms that have been traveling through for the past few days, it looked like the lightning was cloud to cloud as I watched it overhead and didn't see any indications of ground strikes, not to say there wasn't any. Last thing we need is more ignition sources to add to the huge list of active fires. Lots of t-storms and smoke obstruction in the TAF.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #55  
Olympia got a bit of rain yesterday afternoon. Not much, just enough to dampen the patio, but it was rain and I'll take it. Even saw a patch of blue sky, not brown, after the clouds moved off.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #56  
I'm surprised at the fine ash that is coming down. I also thought it was getting better this afternoon with a bit of westerly winds but nope. At least it has cooled down quite a bit. I don't ever recall a dry spell like this year!

Get the ash off your vehicles if you want to save the finish. Wash the tractor.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #57  
Get the ash off your vehicles if you want to save the finish. Wash the tractor.
Good advice... headed to the carwash in a few minutes to do just that. Wife did other car yesterday.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #58  
70 degrees and a little bit of rain right now! :cool2:

Jusst got in from another 5 hours of cutting brush off a tree I have down. Conditions bearable buwt still able to look directly at the sun. Wind has shifted around to the south west. Supposed to clear out a bit more by morning.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #59  
Well - here at 2am its a tad better. Less ash fall and no odor. Or maybe I've just become "noseblind" - whatever. I turn my big fans on and suck the cool night air thru the house and cool things down. So far this has not increased the dust/ash inside the house noticeably.

Its always dry as a popcorn fart, over here, this time of year. However, this year it started earlier and has a much wider spread/influence.

I just hope, as we always do, that everybody understands our precarious situation and is extremely careful with fire. Then all we have to be really concerned about are the lightning storms that come with the fall rains.

16 year old kid started another big fire yesteday by setting off fire crackers.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #60  
Olympia got a bit of rain yesterday afternoon. Not much, just enough to dampen the patio, but it was rain and I'll take it. Even saw a patch of blue sky, not brown, after the clouds moved off.

I must have got the remains of that, rain started then stopped. Left about a inch between drops on patio. Supposed to get a little more tomorrow 0.06", that's not likely to even settle the dust.