Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #11  
Iowa was getting the smoke too. This weekend we had a slow NW breeze that brought in all the smoke. Everything had a weird yellow hue to it. It was about the same color as my previously nicotine stained fingers.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #12  
I'm east of you in ID. Can't see the lake and the sun is orange. Not so good.......but Wednesday 9/6/2017 they say the wind will shift and air quality will improve. Let's hope

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #13  
Those and the fires up in B.C. The only positive i can come up with on the smoke, is that the sun isn't as intense, and im really stretching for a positive.

I should note, that the smoke here, where i live, is nowhere as bad as it is near those fires.:(

The wind isn't any help here in SE Wa. First it blows smoke from mid WA and BC over me into montana and then switches 90 degrees, picks up the MT smoke and blows it all back over me. Run with headlights on. So thick today that at times the sun didn't even show through the haze, eyes burning, nose plugged up, coughing. I stopped at the hardware store for a dust mask. No good, they recommend a N95 rating. Tried it. One has to work to breath through that, takes some effort to draw the air through such fine filter.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #14  
It's been very smokey here for some time now.
2017 sky 012.jpg
This is one of the better days often haven't been able to see the bottom of the valley.
seene 002.jpg
Not to bad today about the same as the pic.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #15  
I'm in southern Oregon and we have fires burning all around us. As others have stated, the air quality is terrible. Looking directly at the sun is possible since it's a dim dark orange all day. In the next few days we are expecting lightning and that has all of us on edge. The last part of the summer has been remarkable due to record heat, eclipse, more heat, and now numerous fires.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #16  
Yup, drove from Seattle to Portland today and had falling Ash pretty much the whole way. Nasty conditions much closer to south CA than WA this time of year.

Last edited:
   / Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #17  
Left Portland Monday (9/4/17) shortly after 8 am heading back home to Idaho. Lots of smoke and some ash on the freeway. Shortly after I was on the road for about 1 hour I heard the news say that I84 was closed from Troutdale to the Dalles (about 100 miles). I was really lucky to get out of town when I did.

I 84 remained closed all thru the night and reopened some time on Tuesday morning.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #18  
If you add Oregon and Montana together, fires have burned the area of Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut and New Jersey. I finally saw a mention of it on the national news last night.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #19  
I'm in southern Oregon and we have fires burning all around us. As others have stated, the air quality is terrible. Looking directly at the sun is possible since it's a dim dark orange all day. In the next few days we are expecting lightning and that has all of us on edge. The last part of the summer has been remarkable due to record heat, eclipse, more heat, and now numerous fires.

Hey, they predicted 100 degrees and it only got to 89 because of the smoke cover. For part of the day you couldn't even see the sun.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #20  
I'm in central NM and have the haze and smoke from the fires in the NW. Here's a pic of the sunset through the smokey haze.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    773.9 KB · Views: 69