Packer Maxx

/ Packer Maxx #1  

CloverKnollFarms

Elite Member
Tractor
TYM4820H
Anyone used one? Apparently used by folks making food plots for deer. I'm going to use it to create a seed bed and pack broadcast seed into it. 4' and 450lbs. Easy to store in the shop too.
IMG20230420184622~2.jpg
IMG20230420184554~2.jpg

/ Packer Maxx #2  
Never heard of that one. Looks like a plastic roller? Id have to smack it with my hand or kick it to know how i felt about it. I think they call that 'sonic depth checking' in machine shops.. lol

Does it store vertical, like you can tip it back up and leave it with the tongue standing up?

/ Packer Maxx
Never heard of that one. Looks like a plastic roller? Id have to smack it with my hand or kick it to know how i felt about it. I think they call that 'sonic depth checking' in machine shops.. lol

Does it store vertical, like you can tip it back up and leave it with the tongue standing up?
Yes you can store it that way. I read a lot of reviews and folks seemed to swear by them. US made in Michigan, and food plot guys love them for getting seed to germinate. I did opt for the wheel kit, so I never have to roll it over gravel or concrete. The roller is very thick.

/ Packer Maxx #4  
Sounds like it's actually pretty good for something pictured hooked to an ATV. I've bought some ATV-type pull attachments for my little Case garden tractor and while they're ok in some cases, usually if i see something sold for or hooked to an ATV i take a real critical eye to it. But it sounds like you found a pretty good item there.. make sure and followup with your thoughts after you've had it for a while.

Last edited:
   / Packer Maxx

Yes you can store it that way. I read a lot of reviews and folks seemed to swear by them. US made in Michigan, and food plot guys love them for getting seed to germinate. I did opt for the wheel kit, so I never have to roll it over gravel or concrete. The roller is very thick
Sounds like it's actually pretty good for something pictured hooked to an ATV. I've bought some ATV-type pull attachments for my little Case garden tractor and while they're ok in some cases, usually if i see something sold for or hooked to an ATV i take a real critical eye to it. But it sounds like you found a pretty good item there.. make sure and followup with your thoughts after you've had it for a while. ;)
Very heavy steel construction, and filled, at 450lbs over 4', it should pack well. I'll post up results of the pack and germination in the field. Its going to be used on an acre of buckwheat

/ Packer Maxx #6  
Its going to be used on an acre of buckwheat
I have used a board with rope doing thr step method on rye. I could see how that would work very well.
Are you going to spray while you crimp the buckwheat? I found with rye that it wasn't really needed.

/ Packer Maxx
I have used a board with rope doing thr step method on rye. I could see how that would work very well.
Are you going to spray while you crimp the buckwheat? I found with rye that it wasn't really needed.
No, the sprayer is just on the atv from spring tree inoculating. I’ll be lightly tilling the first crop of buckwheat in, to get a fall stand to feed the bees for winter.

/ Packer Maxx
Actually on further review... If the buckwheat drops seed, I can pack the old stand down and it will cover the seeds to allow them to grow into a fall crop for the bees. No till!

/ Packer Maxx
Used it while planting, and now to knock down the stand so I could till it in.
IMG20230803135402~2.jpg