Pad or cradle to use for BH storage, removing

/ Pad or cradle to use for BH storage, removing #1  

Bansil

Gold Member
Tractor
1967 Ford 5000 w/FEL(sold), 1950 Farmall Super A for the wife to drive around (needs fixed) 2024 Kubota B2601 FEL & BH
Getting ready to soon need to drop BH on my tractor, I am thinking about building a frame and pour a concrete pad maybe 3x4 to set it so it's level when I take it off and then back on, but it may be level but the ground is now a variable...thoughts?

/ Pad or cradle to use for BH storage, removing #2  
Getting ready to soon need to drop BH on my tractor, I am thinking about building a frame and pour a concrete pad maybe 3x4 to set it so it's level when I take it off and then back on, but it may be level but the ground is now a variable...thoughts?

Maybe a little more info on your situation is needed. When you say frame, does that mean with a roof? I would certainly think if you can do that it would be preferred. I just unhitch it onto 3 log ends that have been cut to about 10 inches high and there it sits in the corner of the shop.

/ Pad or cradle to use for BH storage, removing
Frame was a ref. to pour the concrete into, I was thinking faster than my 2 fingers can type

Dirt floor in the barn, figured a pad would make it easier to R&R the BH

/ Pad or cradle to use for BH storage, removing #4  
If I don't place some sort of support under mine it will lower as the stabilizer arms bleed off. I typically just use a set of jack stands under it which works well.

/ Pad or cradle to use for BH storage, removing #5  
For my BX BH, I made a little wooden cart to put it on, so I can move it around. The BH92 gets put on the concrete floor of the barn when it's off, which isn't very often.

/ Pad or cradle to use for BH storage, removing #6  
I just have a gravel pad I put mine on. I set the main frame on several 6x6 blocks, lower the stabilizers, set the bucket on the ground and leave it for 4-5 months until we get thru winter.
IF I ever get a place to set it on a concrete pad... I might just get motivated enough to build cradle on wheels to make tucking it out of the way easier.

/ Pad or cradle to use for BH storage, removing #7  
For items that I move around the garage a couple of furniture dollies work well. 2 dollies attached to each other and set at the width of the snow pusher and bucket. I had another set for the whole FEL with the bucket attached so I could move it around. Rear blade gets 2 car dollies for the blade and a wheeled transmission jack to support the upper frame. Any of them are easily taken on or off, stored and moved as needed.

/ Pad or cradle to use for BH storage, removing #8  
Frame was a ref. to pour the concrete into, I was thinking faster than my 2 fingers can type

Dirt floor in the barn, figured a pad would make it easier to R&R the BH

A concrete pad is always nice for sure. It helps if the rest of the tractor can be level as well, not absolutely necessary but it does help. You mentioned some irregularities in the floor in your first post.

You could likely get away with just having 3 smaller pads. I support the frame of the backhoe with 2 log ends and the third one goes underneath the bucket. Then I tie the stabilizers to each other in the up position to minimize the footprint. I will also drain a little hydraulic fluid out at one of the lines to prevent pressure build-up, due to temperature changes, within the closed system when stored. Failed to do that one year and wound up having a leak at one of the fittings.

Hope this helps!

/ Pad or cradle to use for BH storage, removing
Thanks everybody, especially like the 3 small pad idea, 2 1-1/2x1-1/2 for rear tires and a 3x3 for the BH might work, all on the same plane!

/ Pad or cradle to use for BH storage, removing #10  
I store mine on 3 concrete blocks. It's cheap and easy. Off the dirt & outside storage is no problem here.