Paint Codes

/ Paint Codes #1  

madhatter

Gold Member
Tractor
2015 Massey GC1710
Hi,

Does anyone know where to find Massey paint codes or at least something showing what colors the equipment is.I am doing some work to my '06G C2310 and would like to know the rollbar, front bumber and mower deck colors. The black on the rollbar does not look quite black ?

Anyway, if anyone has this info that would be great. Thanks

/ Paint Codes #2  
Have you tried the Agco paint from the dealer? I think its only like $20 for a quart. I painted my car with it, its really good paint, just add a little hardener to it when you use it. Lots of gloss.

/ Paint Codes #3  
The dark grey of the roll bar, chassis, lift arms and front grill guard is called Mirror Black. The last I checked it was only available in rattle cans if you get it from the dealer. It does a good job for touch up and to paint parts.

Doug

/ Paint Codes #4  
I should have added that i used Massey Red for my car. I 'm not 100% sure what other colours are available in quart form, however my dealer had quite a variety of factory colours available.

/ Paint Codes
tx2310 said:
The dark grey of the roll bar, chassis, lift arms and front grill guard is called Mirror Black. The last I checked it was only available in rattle cans if you get it from the dealer. It does a good job for touch up and to paint parts.

Doug

Thanks TX2310, it appears you are correct, but the chassis for the front end loader appears to be flat/satin black. Why that is different is beyond me... but the mirror black seems correct. what about the Massey red ? Is there only one red ??

I needed that paint cause I lowered the roll bar 3 inches.... kept hitting my garage door when i forgot to lower it..... just an inch to tall !! And I shrunk the front bumper/grill as the lights hit it straight on, so I cut an inch and a hlaf off. Lights now are usefull....

/ Paint Codes #6  
I do not know about the red. I used the mirror black for the lights and guard on my ROPS and tool box on the grill guard.

Doug

Attachments

• 0211081214.jpg
    0211081214.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 465
  • 0211082010.jpg
    0211082010.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 497
   / Paint Codes #7  
I cant guarantee its the same red on your machine. I dont think the red had colour name with it, i think it was just called Agco impliment red, however it was the only version of red he had on the shelves. And he had alot of cans of it, so likely its a common colour. I purchased a spray can of it at the same time for touch ups, i think i still have it in the barn. Ill check if theres a colour name if i get there tomorrow.

/ Paint Codes #8  
The Colour I used was M1041 Red. It appears to be an exact match to the machines on the lot, however I'd check with the parts guys to be sure.

/ Paint Codes #9  

Doug

Is their an aftermarket equivalent to that paint??

/ Paint Codes #10  
i realize this one is coming from the vault, but i have to do some touch up to the backhoe boom and i see there are a couple of different mf reds.

PPG Tractor Color Codes

any idea which one is the gc2410 red?