Pallet fork grapple : best value option

/ Pallet fork grapple : best value option #1  

mangler

Gold Member
Tractor
Sears G5500, Kioti CK2610
Due to overwhelming nudging by the members on this forum, I am pretty much set on getting some pallet forks delivered with my tractor (HLA 4200lbs, 48", with optional full height brick guard).

I like the lower cost of the slip on pallet fork grapples, given that I may not need a grapple all that much. Do you own a pallet fork grapple? Do you like yours? Would you recommend your model? Extra points if it's available in Canada, double points if it's available in Ontario ;)

Of course, now I'm thinking of having the 3rd function integrated in the loader joystick pre-installed on my tractor. Slippery slope...

/ Pallet fork grapple : best value option #2  
You need a 3rd function to power whatever you choose as a grapple solution. A 3rd function does far more for you than just control a grapple though. You can angle front mounted blades with it, use extendable boom piles, etc.

If you're in need of a grapple solution without the money you could also get an add-on for your loader bucket as well. Just food for thought.

/ Pallet fork grapple : best value option #3  
I use my rear remote to operate the Greens Machine "Thumb" 36 inch model, mounted on my forks.
It works fine but I should have mounted it either lower or at an angle to get some overlap between the forks for better grab on smaller stuff.
It is boltable [sp?] or doing the welding yourself will come in under $600 if you have remote hoses.
It doesn't have the 3rd function joystick convenience, but for the price it is a bargain to get a functional grapple

Attachments

• 2nd load.jpg
    2nd load.jpg
    835.2 KB · Views: 116
   / Pallet fork grapple : best value option
I use my rear remote to operate the Greens Machine "Thumb" 36 inch model, mounted on my forks.
It works fine but I should have mounted it either lower or at an angle to get some overlap between the forks for better grab on smaller stuff.
It is boltable [sp?] or doing the welding yourself will come in under $600 if you have remote hoses.
It doesn't have the 3rd function joystick convenience, but for the price it is a bargain to get a functional grapple

The tractor will be coming with 2 sets of remotes, so maybe that's an "interim" option, or who knows a "good enough not to bother" option. 600USD is about the max I would want to spend on a grapple anyway. I have 2 piles of trees to deal with, and a bit more land clearing (brush) on 3.5 acres, but after that I think it would just sit there on its skid looking cool ;) I don't log or do firewood, so I think It may be a luxury.

/ Pallet fork grapple : best value option #5  
2020-04-03_15-06-05_534.jpg 2020-04-03_15-04-33_056.jpg

I run mine off the rear remotes also (I have 2). I can remove 4 bolts and mount it on my loader bucket also.
I usually don't have the thumb mounted most of the time, only when I have a lot of brush to move.

/ Pallet fork grapple : best value option #6  
The tractor will be coming with 2 sets of remotes, so maybe that's an "interim" option, or who knows a "good enough not to bother" option. 600USD is about the max I would want to spend on a grapple anyway. I have 2 piles of trees to deal with, and a bit more land clearing (brush) on 3.5 acres, but after that I think it would just sit there on its skid looking cool ;) I don't log or do firewood, so I think It may be a luxury.

I also did not want to spend a lot on a rig that would sit much of the time and the Thumb fit the bill perfectly.