Pallet Fork Length

/ Pallet Fork Length #1  

Username Taken

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CX2510 HST
For those of you that have an SSQA Pallet Fork attachment, what length forks do you have and, if you had it to do over again, what length would you get?

I know, I know, you can always buy a second set but, 1) It's a pain to R&R them and, 2) Money is always a concern.

Enquiring minds.

Apologize if this is an old topic. I looked, I didn't really see it discussed

/ Pallet Fork Length #3  
42".
Initially thought I wanted 48", but after reading some comments here and there, and due to a small cost savings I went with 42". Glad I did. They don't stick through past pallets, and IBC's when I'm stacking next to each other and less chance of me punching through a wall.

/ Pallet Fork Length #4  
42” for me. Does well on 48” pallets, and is easier to maneuver in tight spaces.

/ Pallet Fork Length #5  
I've had 36" forks for about 13 years and they have done a ton of work, sometimes I wish they were longer as it would be easier to see the ends and pick up some things that stick out there a little further.

/ Pallet Fork Length
42” for me. Does well on 48” pallets, and is easier to maneuver in tight spaces.
Do you have any trouble seeing the ends of the forks? Getting them into the right place? Digging up stumps, etc? You really can't stand up on the newer tractors without a 'safety switch' killing the engine. And seeing what you're doing while sitting down just makes life easier

I'm thinking 48s would be nice but if they would get in the way or bend if I decide a (small) stump is annoying me. I am considering 42s but not sure.

Guys are guys. I am one. A lot of us think bigger is always better but gave learned that isn't always the case. Usually, but not always.

Thanks for the input.

/ Pallet Fork Length
I've had 36" forks for about 13 years and they have done a ton of work, sometimes I wish they were longer as it would be easier to see the ends and pick up some things that stick out there a little further.

How much longer would you prefer?? 6 inches or a foot??

/ Pallet Fork Length #8  
Clamp some boards to your bucket about where the forks would be (laterally), then paint stripes 36", 42", 48" from the SSQA plate to indicate where the fork tips would be. Climb into the operator's seat to get an idea of their visibility. (Note that the spacing of the bars on the fork frame varies from model to model and will have some impact on visibility. It will surely be different than your bucket.) I find it agravating to instinctively stand to get a better view and then kill the engine when I touch the pedal with an unweighted seat.

/ Pallet Fork Length #9  
I have JD, AP10F x 42"....

Yes.. They are hard to see the tips when close to the ground as the back plate is just the wrong height for 42" forks.. But with a little practice you learn to adapt easily..

Most pallets are 48" x 40", so 42" forks work the best for me.. I move a lot of firewood on pallets..

/ Pallet Fork Length #10  
My favorite size pallet is the one I worked with 5 days a week for over 30 years, 36 deep by 42 wide.